The Official Website layout hints next character to be revealed

#1peach_pwnzPosted 12/26/2013 4:45:45 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but if you go to the website and reduce the window width of your browser or zoom in (150%), the character faces re-arrange themselves, in the order that they were revealed.

The absolute minimum number of "veteran" characters per row is 3. The absolute minimum number of "newcomer" characters per row is 1. This means that even if you continue zooming in or reduce the window size it will no longer re-arrange itself. This gives us a clue as to whether the next character to be revealed is a "veteran" or a "newcomer". The size of a "newcomer" character image is 3x as wide as that of a "veteran" character image.

Currently if you're viewing the website at 150% zoom (in). You should see the characters in order with space for two "veteran" characters (at the bottom). It's pretty safe to say that there will at least be two more veterans before another "newcomer" is revealed.

Using this calculated guess and looking at which franchises have yet to be updated. There's a high chance (though not guaranteed) that the next two veterans could be from Pokemon (1 rep). Kirby (1 rep). Starfox (1 rep). Or a previous veteran that has yet to be announced (Ness, Cpt. Falcon).

Now you're probably thinking this is wrong and it's stupid. But I make websites for a living and in order for them to maintain a responsive web design (one that caters for all screen sizes), they need to set minimum constraints. It won't make sense for them to re-arrange all the character reveal order just to fit a "newcomer". Unless they are redesigning the whole page.

Of course these are only based on previous patterns on the website. They could always just change the layout and not care about the character reveal order. But at this point in time it is unlikely for them to do so.
#2xyzlacticPosted 12/26/2013 5:32:06 AM
I would say the next reveal will be King dedede or Meta Knight to go with the new Kirby game in January.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic
#3Chomper4Posted 12/26/2013 5:43:29 AM
That layout theory is just a guess. I think that you might be wrong.
#4DragonDeoxysPosted 12/26/2013 5:47:31 AM
Reminds me when people where assuring that Sylveon would be a Flying type because it was arranged on the opposite side of Jolteon. Rule of the day, you can't trust patterns when it comes to the smash reveals.
---
3DS FC: 3652-0570-8922
Fire Safari including Ninetales.
#5ssj_duelistPosted 12/26/2013 5:55:08 AM
This is grasping. Regardless we won't get a newcomer for a while since it took 6 months after the initial 3 for us to get Rosalina.

Plus Kirby is out on the 11th so Dedede is likely on the 10th or 13th.
#6Outsider1220Posted 12/26/2013 7:07:27 AM
As long as Yoshi and Captain Falcon are reconfirmed soon!!
#7ljobenzaPosted 12/26/2013 7:09:50 AM
You do realize people have different resolutions on their monitors right?
#8BenJ09Posted 12/26/2013 7:16:32 AM
ljobenza posted...
You do realize people have different resolutions on their monitors right?

Shh
---
Bucky O'Hare is better than you.