This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most likely roster with reasons.

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 12/27/2013 3:16:28 PM
45 slots.

Super Mario

-Mario
*Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
*Rosalina

DK

-DK
-Diddy Kong
*Dixie Kong/King K. Rool

Zelda

-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
*Ganondorf
*Toon Link
*Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik

Metroid

-Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Yoshi

-Yoshi

Warioware

-Wario

Kirby

-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Star Fox

-Fox
*Falco
*Wolf

Pokemon

-Pikachu
-Pokemon Trainer
*Jigglypuff
*Lucario
*Mewtwo

Fire Emblem

-Marth
-Ike
*Roy

Kid Icarus

-Pit
*Palutena

F-Zero

*Captain Falcon

Earthbound

*Ness
-Lucas

Misc.

-Villager
*R.O.B
*Mr. Game & Watch
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Little Mac
*Isaac
-Olimar
-Ice Climbers

Third Party

*Sonic
*Megaman

I'm not going to explain the obvious shown newcomers, now about the one added to my roster...

Dixie Kong/King K. Rool: Tropical Freeze propaganda, depending if KKR is IN Tropical Freeze then he would likely get in. Besides, both character were highly requested for Brawl.

Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik: Sakurai usually puts scrapped or planned characters that never made it to a version into the future installment. Examples are Mewtwo in SSB64 to Melee, Dedede in Melee to Brawl, Villager in Brawl to SSB4. The same reasoning applies to Roy and Mewtwo.

Palutena: Sakurai loves to add characters from series he had developed, besides, Palutena is being highly requested after KI: U.

Little Mac: Do you think that Boxing stage is just there to promote fighting? Another reason, highly requested for Brawl.

Isaac: Popular Series, have potential for certain movesets.

Now about those returning/cut.

Snake: Not enough representation with Nintendo lately. Represented in Brawl as a favor.
Lucario: Gen 4 mascot, Gen 5 pseudo-mascot, Gen 6 mascot again! Deserves to stay.
Ike: Two reasons; Unique moveset, Chrom actor confirmed not to have relation with Smash.
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#2ResponderPosted 12/27/2013 3:19:18 PM
This is a boring roster.
#3NielicusPosted 12/27/2013 3:21:43 PM
I feel like something is missing or needs to removed. Idk what it is but..decent roster, I would be happy with this.
---
X and Y Friend Code: 3093-7217-6245
Pokemon and Food.
#4Rayquaza487Posted 12/27/2013 3:31:39 PM
Highly doubt we'll be seeing both Ike and Roy.
---
A Map is what we need to guide us to the ultimate roster! Support the movement!
I'm going to delete my account if Ridley is CONFIRMED for SSB4! ;P
#5ZeroGravity38Posted 12/27/2013 3:34:31 PM
-Roy why?
-ToonZelda/Toon Sheik why not Tetra?
6/10
---
3DS: 4785-5964-7648 Kai
Fairy Safari: Togepi Mawile Floette
#6Dark_Zoroark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 3:35:52 PM
ZeroGravity38 posted...
-Roy why?
6/10

Because that's the way brawl disc list them as, not TETRA but TOON SHEIK.
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#7Rayquaza487Posted 12/27/2013 3:39:15 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
ZeroGravity38 posted...
-Roy why?
6/10

Because that's the way brawl disc list them as, not TETRA but TOON SHEIK.

Toon Sheik could have just been a placeholder, or nod to the fact that it would be a clone of the regular Shiek. The only reason I'm thinking this is because Shiek never appeared in the Toob Link Games.
---
A Map is what we need to guide us to the ultimate roster! Support the movement!
I'm going to delete my account if Ridley is CONFIRMED for SSB4! ;P
#8AdmiralZephyrPosted 12/27/2013 4:23:01 PM
I'm having a hard time visualizing what this would seem like unless I see it in picture form. I'm sure that there is somebody missing or something, but I can't quite put my finger on what. I can give you the following pieces of advice, though.

1. The Fire Emblem representation will NOT be Marth/Ike/Roy. It will be Marth/Chrom/Ike OR Roy. No way in hell is Roy returning with Chrom left on the cutting room floor.
2. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Dixie Kong is getting the third DK spot. K. Rool hasn't been relevant in years, and Cranky is AT material most likely (I would love to see him playable, but he shares a lot in common with characters that ended up as ATs in Brawl).

Overall I'll give this roster a 6/10. Not the worst thing I've ever seen on here by any means, but it's definitely lacking.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Support Shantae 4! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero
#9LeatherWingsPosted 12/27/2013 4:26:44 PM
Roy has no solid chances of getting in over Chrom OR Ike. That is all I came here to say. Call me when we hear news of getting 4 Fire Emblem reps.
---
Men only think of the past before they die to see if there was proof that they were ever alive. ~ Jet Black. Cowboy Bebop
#10AdmiralZephyrPosted 12/27/2013 4:28:17 PM
LeatherWings posted...
Roy has no solid chances of getting in over Chrom OR Ike. That is all I came here to say. Call me when we hear news of getting 4 Fire Emblem reps.

To be fair, Roy is easily second in line to Mewtwo in terms of "Melee cuts being reinstated," but yeah, his chances are still pretty slim.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Support Shantae 4! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero