too many assuming pacman is in the game

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 12/28/2013 6:16:08 PM
just because namco bandai is helping to work on the game, doesnt automatically mean pacman is in the game. sure, he was in Mario Kart GP Arcade in Japan, but still, Pacman himself isn't really a Nintendo thing... he was also in Street Fighter X Tekken and that game bombed. Hes popular in Pacman, but not necessarily as a fighter. on the other hand hes very recognizable, which Nintendo likes. They wouldn't use too terribly many obscure characters.
#2Davidk92Posted 12/28/2013 6:17:09 PM
Think they specifically said Namco characters will not be receiving any special treatment.

However, I still hope that Pac Man is capable of getting in from a combination fan demand and his own merits.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#3Phantom_NookPosted 12/28/2013 6:21:38 PM
Snake sure is a Nintendo thing.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/28/2013 6:28:36 PM
Mario may be the Jesus Christ of gaming, but Pac-Man is God the Father. Pacman is the ONLY character that rivals Mario and DK in terms of recognization worldwide. Not only that, he was the first videogame mascot to ever exist, and his series introduced cutscenes and power-ups into gaming for the first time ever, and made a billion dollars in quarters in a single goddamn year, all of this in one year. He and Sonic are the only characters to ever crossover with Mario by the way. And his latest TV series is a hit and there is even merchandise everywhere (not that it matters, but Pacman is becoming famous again among kids) and a new game (which is good, although not mindblowing, but fun tbh).

And who DOES NOT want Mario vs. Pacman vs. Sonic vs. Megaman? NOBODY!

Of course that doesn't guarantee he is gonna be in Smash Bros., but it is not out of the realm of possibility.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic!-MetaFalconPunch
DISCLAIMER: English isn't my main language.
#5Gargomon251Posted 12/29/2013 3:19:47 AM
I still think pac man is one of the WORST Namco-based newcomer ideas...
---
Hopes for SSB4: Ridley, Krystal, Lucina, King K. Rool
Hates for SSB4: Pac Man, Miis, Waluigi, Daisy
#6TheAquaman803Posted 12/29/2013 3:20:30 AM
He was leaked!!
---
SSBB FC: 2020-5299-7105
#7NicoRobin007Posted 12/29/2013 3:27:20 AM
Pretty sure all the anti-pacman arguments stem from his weird design in recent games. I think he's a pretty safe assumption to be in the game. I'm not really for or against, but it would be pretty cool to have another legend on the cast. It makes the game recognizable to an even larger fan base than it already did. Heck, even my grandma used to play Pacman.
#8LtCmdDudefellaPosted 12/29/2013 3:27:26 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Mario may be the Jesus Christ of gaming, but Pac-Man is God the Father. Pacman is the ONLY character that rivals Mario and DK in terms of recognization worldwide. Not only that, he was the first videogame mascot to ever exist, and his series introduced cutscenes and power-ups into gaming for the first time ever, and made a billion dollars in quarters in a single goddamn year, all of this in one year. He and Sonic are the only characters to ever crossover with Mario by the way. And his latest TV series is a hit and there is even merchandise everywhere (not that it matters, but Pacman is becoming famous again among kids) and a new game (which is good, although not mindblowing, but fun tbh).

Of course that doesn't guarantee he is gonna be in Smash Bros., but it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Not that this changes anything and I'm not trying to ruin your argument, but Pac-Man and Sonic aren't the only ones. The Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops comes to mind first. Then there's Dragon Quest in Fortune Street. I believe Bomberman also had a game with Wario.
#9NicoRobin007Posted 12/29/2013 3:29:32 AM
LtCmdDudefella posted...
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...

Not that this changes anything and I'm not trying to ruin your argument, but Pac-Man and Sonic aren't the only ones. The Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops comes to mind first. Then there's Dragon Quest in Fortune Street. I believe Bomberman also had a game with Wario.

I think Dragon Quest characters were in Mario Sports Mix too. Can't really remember, though. They all kind of blend together.
#10Gargomon251Posted 12/29/2013 3:33:42 AM
LtCmdDudefella posted...
And who DOES NOT want Mario vs. Pacman vs. Sonic vs. Megaman?

*raises hand*

Pac Man doesn't make sense. He just eats stuff. At least yoshi throws eggs (and ground pounds) and kirby copies abilities.
---
Hopes for SSB4: Ridley, Krystal, Lucina, King K. Rool
Hates for SSB4: Pac Man, Miis, Waluigi, Daisy