This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Character Prediction Analysis

#1Chris85Posted 12/29/2013 5:47:21 PM
I did some research on all the Smash Bros games, and came up with a good prediction on returning characters, and if some characters will be replaced.

First off, the only originals that aren't revealed are : Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness.
Since they have been in every game so far, they will all probably return. Yoshi, and Jigglypuff are more likely since they are in current or upcoming games, while Ness and Falcon are not.

To make this less complicated to follow I will make a list of previous characters that from brawl, and my predictions

-Mario - Confirmed

-Luigi - Confirmed

-Yoshi - Likely (In Yoshi New Island)

-Peach - Confirmed

-Wario - Likely (In Game & Wario for WiiU)

-Donkey - Confirmed

-Link - Confirmed

-Toon Link - Confirmed

-Zelda - Confirmed

-Samus - Confirmed (Zero Suit is most likely gonna stay as well)

-Kirby - Confirmed

-Fox - Confirmed

-Wolf - Same as Falco

-Falco - Predict will be removed (Basically a clone of fox)

-Pikachu - Confirmed

-Jigglypuff - Likely (In X and Y)

-Captain Falcon - Likely (None of originals have ever been removed)

-Ness - Likely (Same reason as Falcon)

-Bowser - Confirmed

-Ganondorf - Think will be replaced by Demise or Ghirahim (Skyloft Stage and no Skyloft character revealed yet)

-Ice Climbers - Likely (In Brawl, the characters that were removed were replaced by same series)

- Game and Watch - Likely (Same reason as Ice Climbers)

- R.O.B. - Likely (Same reason as Ice Climbers)

- Zelda - Confirmed (Sheik likely won't return, since Zelda model is from Twilight Princess, but could be separate character)

- Toon Link - Confirmed

- Pokemon Trainer - Predict will be replaced (Possibly one of pokemon will replace trainer)

- Lucario - Likely (In X and Y)

- Marth - Confirmed

- Ike - Think will be replaced by Chrom (Both on the cover of Fire Emblem Awakening, and Roy was replaced by Ike)

- Diddy Kong - Likely (In Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze)

- Pit - Confirmed

- Meta Knight - Nuetral (Hasn't been in a recent game, yet no real reason to remove)

- King Dedede - Likely (In Kirby Triple Deluxe)

- Solid Snake - Either returning or replaced by Raiden ( Raiden is protagonist in Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance)

- Sonic - Confirmed

I don't have any predictions on brand new characters, but predict that on top of the 4 already revealed, there will be another 8-10. They added 13 new characters in Melee, and 12 in Brawl (if you include sheik and zero suit). 14 if you consider each pokemon in the pokemon trainer separate. I didn't include replacements in the number either, which includes lucario for mewtwo, toon link for young link, Wario for Dr. Mario, and Pokemon Trainer for pichu.
#2ZeroGravity38Posted 12/29/2013 5:49:02 PM
Why is Falco and Wolf gonna be removed?
Toon Link got in he a smaller clone of link so why remove those two?
---
3DS: 4785-5964-7648 Kai
Fairy Safari: Togepi Mawile Floette
#3UberPyro64Posted 12/29/2013 5:52:26 PM
ZeroGravity38 posted...

Essentially this. If Toon Link's staying then obviously they would stay too. Sakurai doesn't care if veterans are clones only newcomers. He'll just make sure they all are so we won't complain much.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#4UberPyro64Posted 12/29/2013 5:54:45 PM
Also why would Raiden replace Snake? He was in PSASBR so no chance. Assist Trophy maybe though. If Snake were to get replaced it would be by Big Boss.
---
Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Official Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/
#5Chris85(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 5:55:36 PM
ZeroGravity38 posted...

Toon link was in The Wind Waker HD, so he is a representation of a current title that they want to advertise. Falco and Wolf have not been in any games for almost 8 years.

These are only my predictions. Thanks for the input. I love the input.
#6CrystalKing5426Posted 12/29/2013 5:57:55 PM
That's some bad logic in those predictions. (Ganondorf getting replaced by Ghirahim!?)
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Pokemon X FC: 2191-7658-4003
#7Chris85(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 5:58:48 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
Also why would Raiden replace Snake? He was in PSASBR so no chance. Assist Trophy maybe though. If Snake were to get replaced it would be by Big Boss.

I didn't realize that the game I was referring to was not gonna be a WiiU title. My fault. I take back my prediction about Snake.

Thanks for pointing that out
#8Chris85(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 6:01:18 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
ZeroGravity38 posted...

Essentially this. If Toon Link's staying then obviously they would stay too. Sakurai doesn't care if veterans are clones only newcomers. He'll just make sure they all are so we won't complain much.

He obvioulsy cared that pichu was a clone of Pikachu, because pichu was removed for Brawl
#9messhia_darkPosted 12/29/2013 6:01:37 PM
Chris85 posted...
I did some research on all the Smash Bros games, and came up with a good prediction on returning characters, and if some characters will be replaced.

First off, the only originals that aren't revealed are : Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness.
Since they have been in every game so far, they will all probably return. Yoshi, and Jigglypuff are more likely since they are in current or upcoming games, while Ness and Falcon are not.

To make this less complicated to follow I will make a list of previous characters that from brawl, and my predictions

-Mario - Confirmed

-Luigi - Confirmed

-Yoshi - Likely (In Yoshi New Island)

-Peach - Confirmed

-Wario - Likely (In Game & Wario for WiiU)

-Donkey - Confirmed

-Link - Confirmed

-Toon Link - Confirmed

-Zelda - Confirmed

-Samus - Confirmed (Zero Suit is most likely gonna stay as well)

-Kirby - Confirmed

-Fox - Confirmed

-Wolf - Most likely staying.

-Falco - Most likely staying.

-Pikachu - Confirmed

-Jigglypuff - Likely (In X and Y)

-Captain Falcon - Likely (None of originals have ever been removed)

-Ness - Likely (Same reason as Falcon)

-Bowser - Confirmed

-Ganondorf - He is certainly in, being the main antagonist of LoZ.

-Ice Climbers - Pretty sure he was having trouble working them into the 3ds, as in he's trying.

- Game and Watch - Likely (Iconic)

- R.O.B. - Likely (Iconic)

- Zelda - Confirmed (Sheik may return, or be replaced by Impa.)

- Toon Link - Confirmed

- Pokemon Trainer - I say in, with a bigger emphasis on team work.

- Lucario -Pretty much in, was again not just in x/y, but also prominent.

- Marth - Confirmed

- Ike - Likely in, one of the few recurring lords.

- Diddy Kong - Likely (In Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze)

- Pit - Confirmed

- Meta Knight - Most likely, fans waited awhile for him, no reason to upset them.

- King Dedede - Look above.

- Solid Snake - I'm guessing cut.

- Sonic - Confirmed

-Lucas shall also stay.

I don't have any predictions on brand new characters, but predict that on top of the 4 already revealed, there will be another 8-10. They added 13 new characters in Melee, and 12 in Brawl (if you include sheik and zero suit). 14 if you consider each pokemon in the pokemon trainer separate. I didn't include replacements in the number either, which includes lucario for mewtwo, toon link for young link, Wario for Dr. Mario, and Pokemon Trainer for pichu.

---
Everything bad I do is for a good reason.
SSBB FC:1593-2027-8743
#10Chris85(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 6:16:09 PM
I hope everyone noticed that messhia_dark changed what I wrote, which is a little childish. At least state that it is your updated predictions.

Anyway, I wanted to add that I think cranky kong is a strong candidate for a new SSB character. They just added that he was playable in the new DK Tropical Freeze. Does anybody have any other characters that you think might be added, and why?