My Roster

#1PandorraXDPosted 12/30/2013 5:23:28 PM
Here's my roster. Cuts and explanations at the bottom.

Mario Bros:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina and Luma

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Skull Kid (seems like Nintendo is hinting at a Majoraís Mask remake soon?)
Young Link (from A Link Between Worlds) (maybe painting transformation or something as a move?)

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Wario Ware:
Wario

Star Fox:
Fox
Wolf
Krystal

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Kalos Trainer: Chespin, Braixen, Greninja
Zoroark
Plusle and Minun (they were planned for SSBB but were dropped. This was the same case with Villager, but he was scrapped even earlier in development because 'he wasn't fit for fighting'. Theyíre a good rep for Gen 3.)

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas

Retro:
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter

Animal Crossing:
The Villager

Wii Fit:
Wii Fit Trainer

Pikmin:
Alph (I know Olimarís already confirmed, but Iíd prefer Alph as he represents Pikmin 3 better.)

3rd Party:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Rayman (he was in one of the earliest and most popular WiiU titles. Most of his games, maybe all, are on Nintendo platforms, and heís a wanted entity for the Smash Bros franchise.)

Cuts and explanations:
Toon Link: Though he had a recent remake, A Link Between Worlds took Zeldaís fanbase by storm. It was a critically acclaimed game with a new image of Link. I still hardly find this new Young Link fit to replace Toon Link if it werenít for his moveset potential. The possibility of a painting transformation ability would be a great addition to the game.

ROB: Sakurai already claimed that he would like to shy away from retro characters. So I donít think there should be an actual increase in retro characters. ROB, in my opinion, was far too unbalanced as a characters. I mean, the guy could practically fly with his up B. Reinventing or changing up ROBís moveset would be too far from a good character, as heíd presumably be nerfed. So I think Balloon Fighter would be a great replacement. Even though ROB is one of my mains, Iíd like to see a re-imagined Balloon Fighter in action.

Pokemon Trainer: There are already two first generation reps, and there are two new generations to represent. Besides, Pokemon Trainer will likely be given a replacement: the Kalos Trainer.
Lucario: While itís a constant battle between Mewtwo, Genesect, Lucario, and Zoroark, I think Zoroark is the most realistic option. He is the perfect rep for Unova, and he would resemble Lucario in a few aspects, so itís not much of a loss.

Olimar: Olimar is my favorite character but he should be replaced with Pikminís newest character: Alph. Alph best advocates Pikmin 3, and he would function practically the same as Captain Olimar. Maybe the Rock and Winged Pikmin could even join the battle.

Falco: It was a tough choice between Wolf and Falco, but Wolf is the least like a clone compared to Fox and Falco. Wolf is more heavy weight, and heís an infamous antagonist. Falco is practically no different from Fox, and heís just foil for the Star Fox franchise.)

Snake: Honestly, I canít think of an awesome reason why heíd be scrapped. It seems like he is a rather undesirable character in the eyes of most fans. Iím not a fan myself, but I think a new 3rd party character should take his place.
#2GameNinjaGuyPosted 12/30/2013 5:27:15 PM
Overall, a pretty bad roster.
For one thing, Toon Link is already confirmed...
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
#3PandorraXD(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 5:28:58 PM
And Olimar is already confirmed. This roster is independent from the game.
#4ZeroGravity38Posted 12/30/2013 5:29:22 PM
2/10

+Ridley Krystal
Yes

-Skull Kid (seems like Nintendo is hinting at a Majoraís Mask remake soon?)
No Hes an Assist Trophy
-Young Link (from A Link Between Worlds) (maybe painting transformation or something as a move?)
No Toon Link is Better
-Kalos Trainer: Chespin, Braixen, Greninja
No needs Same Trainer
-Zoroark
No
-Plusle and Minun (they were planned for SSBB but were dropped. This was the same case with
No would be another Ice Climber
So Toon Zelda and Tetra was planned too you didn't add them.
-Balloon Fighter
No Villager has his Up B
-Alph
No
-Rayman
No
---
3DS: 4785-5964-7648 Kai Fairy Safari: Togepi Mawile Floette
SSB4 Dream Roster - http://i.imgur.com/UWTajv6.png
#5terminacarnivalPosted 12/30/2013 5:48:10 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Your roster conflicts this.
---
Not changing this signature until King Dedede is confirmed for smash bros. Wii U.
#6lastoutlaw113Posted 12/30/2013 5:51:14 PM
PandorraXD posted...
Snake: Honestly, I canít think of an awesome reason why heíd be scrapped. It seems like he is a rather undesirable character in the eyes of most fans. Iím not a fan myself, but I think a new 3rd party character should take his place.

You can't even think of a reason that he should be cut, and you call him "undesirable"
The fact that you added Rayman makes this even more ridiculous
---
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on.
http://bigboss113.deviantart.com/
#7ZeroGravity38Posted 12/30/2013 5:54:18 PM
Rayman (he was in one of the earliest and most popular WiiU titles. Most of his games, maybe all, are on Nintendo platforms, and heís a wanted entity for the Smash Bros franchise.)

Most of his games were on Playstation.
---
3DS: 4785-5964-7648 Kai Fairy Safari: Togepi Mawile Floette
SSB4 Dream Roster - http://i.imgur.com/UWTajv6.png