This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Smash Bros 3DS limit the final roster of the game?

#11vital_tundraPosted 1/7/2014 6:52:40 AM
WrappedInBlack posted...
vital_tundra posted...
Wy would it? A 3DS cartridge can store up to 8gb of space. Thats more than enough for anything.

actually no... it has 8 gigaBITs not BYTES... 8 gigabits are all in all... 1 gigabyte... but that still shouldn't hinder the roster because SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4... was on 3DS and had the same characters as the Home console version.

I know the difference between the 2. Kingdom Hearts 3D alone was 4 GB. There are a range of card sizes going up to 8. You are wrong.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#12TheNonBelieverPosted 1/7/2014 6:56:46 AM(edited)
WrappedInBlack posted...
ecylis posted...
WrappedInBlack posted...
vital_tundra posted...
Wy would it? A 3DS cartridge can store up to 8gb of space. Thats more than enough for anything.

actually no... it has 8 gigaBITs not BYTES... 8 gigabits are all in all... 1 gigabyte... but that still shouldn't hinder the roster because SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4... was on 3DS and had the same characters as the Home console version.

Are you kidding me

look it up... I did before I replied.

i did, and it was 8 GigaBytes, 8gigbits is just 1GigaByte bravely default alone is 3GB
#13DarkEmil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:58:23 AM
vital_tundra posted...

I don't really know why would it. In fact, in the beginning, I never thought it could really be a problem, until I read what Sakurai said.

Rot8er_ConeX
Instead, I'll tell you some things.

Yeah, I know the 3DS game should not be a problem anyway, but I guess I just went like "Oh, if Sakurai himself was saying that, then it must be a big deal". So I don't know what kind of troubles he may be having. I hope he has solved it by now.
#14WrappedInBlackPosted 1/7/2014 6:58:35 AM
TheNonBeliever posted...
WrappedInBlack posted...
ecylis posted...
WrappedInBlack posted...
vital_tundra posted...

Are you kidding me

look it up... I did before I replied.

i did, and it was 8 GigaBytes, 8gigbits is just 1GigaByte bravely default alone is 3GB

what I went to said bits... i didn't even know bits existed till today...
---
Rosetta is the first newcomer since E3 and everyone's like "She's only in cause she's a girl!" I'm like really?
#15Majora787Posted 1/7/2014 6:59:46 AM
I can't believe I just witnessed someone legitimately say a 3DS cartridge can only hold 8 gigabits.

It reminds me of that one person on miiverse who got mad at Sakurai for adding Rosalina because the 3DS is "less powerful than the nintendo 64".
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#16WrappedInBlackPosted 1/7/2014 7:02:39 AM
Majora787 posted...
I can't believe I just witnessed someone legitimately say a 3DS cartridge can only hold 8 gigabits.

It reminds me of that one person on miiverse who got mad at Sakurai for adding Rosalina because the 3DS is "less powerful than the nintendo 64".

HEY! Compression is REAL! well.. if it is Gigabytes... I was tricked and I am sorry.
---
Rosetta is the first newcomer since E3 and everyone's like "She's only in cause she's a girl!" I'm like really?
#17Rot8er_ConeXPosted 1/7/2014 7:10:13 AM
DarkEmil posted...
vital_tundra posted...

I don't really know why would it. In fact, in the beginning, I never thought it could really be a problem, until I read what Sakurai said.

Rot8er_ConeX
Instead, I'll tell you some things.

Yeah, I know the 3DS game should not be a problem anyway, but I guess I just went like "Oh, if Sakurai himself was saying that, then it must be a big deal". So I don't know what kind of troubles he may be having. I hope he has solved it by now.

From what I understand, the problems he was having were more related to the 3DS's screen size and human eye "resolution" than anything else. The Smash camera customarily zooms in and out to fit all the characters on the screen. Now imagine all four players playing as Ice Climbers, each pair split up, spread out across Great Bay. Are you going to be able to tell which Popo and which Nana are yours? The little arrowhead with your name will help with one of the pair, but the other?

But considering Rosalina's gimmick, I think that problem's been solved.
---
"Screw Hyrule Warriors. Give me Triforce Emblem" - my sister Katie
Predicted costumes in SSB4's Halloween PotD!
#18natu1234Posted 1/7/2014 7:11:33 AM
Majora787 posted...

Are you ******* kidding me
---
3DS FC: 4081-5599-3112
Friend Safari: Electrode, Pikachu, Manectric