Do you believe a Namco Bandai character is guaranteed to be in?

#1MasterSword546Posted 1/12/2014 11:11:59 AM
Topic. - Results (173 votes)
Yes
39.31% (68 votes)
No
60.69% (105 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Please explain either answer and tell me who you'd want in.

I'm pretty undecided, but if I had to pick, I'd say yes. They're helping to make the game, I feel they'll have a character representing them.

I feel like it will be either a Soul Caliber character or a Tales of series character.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#2vital_tundraPosted 1/12/2014 11:13:04 AM
Sakurai has already said that just because they are helping with the game doesn't mean they get a character. HOWEVER I still think it is going to happen.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#3ZeroGravity38Posted 1/12/2014 11:13:46 AM
Yes Pac-Man will join the battle!
---
3DS: 4785-5964-7648 Kai Fairy Safari: Togepi Mawile Floette <- PM Me
SSB4 Dream Roster - http://i.imgur.com/UWTajv6.png
#4Gargomon251Posted 1/12/2014 1:43:04 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Sakurai has already said that just because they are helping with the game doesn't mean they get a character.

---
Hopes for SSB4: Ridley, Krystal, Lucina, King K. Rool
Hates for SSB4: Pac Man, Miis, Waluigi, Daisy
#5smitsonmattPosted 1/12/2014 2:08:43 PM
Add in a Tales character. Milla or Jude I suppose since Xilla is the newest game.
---
Currently Playing: Legends of Heroes: Trails In The Sky, Tales Of The Abyss & Persona 4
#6kukingina2Posted 1/12/2014 2:10:14 PM
no but as much as people hate it, pac-man is one of the few that actually has a BIG chance
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
#7papermegaslimePosted 1/12/2014 2:11:10 PM
No, because Sakurai outright said it wasn't guaranteed.
---
Clefairy is best Pokemon and should be an alt costume for Jiggs
#8AdmiralZephyrPosted 1/12/2014 2:11:57 PM
vital_tundra posted...
Sakurai has already said that just because they are helping with the game doesn't mean they get a character. HOWEVER I still think it is going to happen.

You should know by now to take EVERYTHING that Sakurai says regarding roster speculation with one giant grain of salt.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Games beaten so far in 2014: 1 (Most recent - Wind Waker HD)
#9taoxadasaPosted 1/12/2014 2:12:36 PM
Guaranteed? No.

Likely? Yes.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#10NicoRobin007Posted 1/12/2014 2:27:31 PM
AdmiralZephyr posted...
vital_tundra posted...

You should know by now to take EVERYTHING that Sakurai says regarding roster speculation with one giant grain of salt.

This, exactly.

Really tired of people taking Sakurai quotes and molding them to however they'd like. Obviously he has to say that for appearances. Does it mean we won't get a Namco rep? No. Does it mean that we will? No. But the whole comment was just made because it has to be made.

If you just view the development without taking the quote obnoxiously literal, we're most likely getting a Namco rep. There's just certain marketing moves people on here seem to refuse to accept and pretend like the almighty Sakurai and his creative genius is immune to it. Sonic, although he may have been in otherwise, secured a spot when they signed that exclusive deal with Sega. Dedede, Zelda, Olimar, etc. are all revealed when it promotes their games. We'll get a Namco rep, and it'll likely be Pacman. It'll coincide with the leak. It'll make sense for the development. It makes sense for why he would be included. Sometimes when all the pieces are there, they really do just fit. All the Sakurai quotes and all he does is eat dots excuses in the world won't change that.