Do you believe a Namco Bandai character is guaranteed to be in?

#21Xx_AtmusFEAR_xXPosted 1/12/2014 5:26:05 PM
papermegaslime posted...
Except this isn't twisting what he said at all. He said Namco isn't getting special treatment, which means a character isn't guaranteed. It's still possible, hell I'd even say it's likely, but it's in no way guaranteed solely because they're helping with the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Sakurai's not one to play favorites.
---
"Nothing ruins a good think quite like knowing you share your opinion with a bunch of little brats."
3DS Friend Code: 1203-9541-9574
#22SoaringDivePosted 1/12/2014 5:34:48 PM
Xx_AtmusFEAR_xX posted...
papermegaslime posted...
Except this isn't twisting what he said at all. He said Namco isn't getting special treatment, which means a character isn't guaranteed. It's still possible, hell I'd even say it's likely, but it's in no way guaranteed solely because they're helping with the game.

Sakurai doesn't have the end-all say. He has higher ups that are paying him, and this far in everyone knows what they're doing he's easily replaceable.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
#23vf_tyrantPosted 1/12/2014 5:35:40 PM
"Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game," Sakurai said. "Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation."

"My inquiry about Namco Bandai characters did lead Sakurai to ask me a question in return - if I had to pick one character, which Namco Bandai character would I want in Super Smash Bros.? The answer seemed obvious to me - the original arcade version of Pac-Man. Sakurai then asked me what a Final Smash might look like for that, and we started to discuss how how Pac-Man could become super-powered, and chase other characters around a stage, attempting to eat them. It was a surreal discussion to say the least, but shows that Sakurai is always contemplating what else he might add to his projects, packing them full of as much content as possible"

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros
---
FC: 0216 1626 4482 Poison: Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk. IGN: Zoe.
#24harvestmoonmikePosted 1/12/2014 5:38:27 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Xx_AtmusFEAR_xX posted...
papermegaslime posted...

Sakurai doesn't have the end-all say. He has higher ups that are paying him, and this far in everyone knows what they're doing he's easily replaceable.

The higher up who pays him is Satoru Iwata, and Satoru Iwata loves the hell out of Sakurai and would let him do anything, I'm not even kidding.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6t4FNRD.png
Duck Hunt Dog for Smash Bros.
#25Gargomon251Posted 1/12/2014 5:47:38 PM
NicoRobin007 posted...
Does it mean we won't get a Namco rep? No. Does it mean that we will? No.

/thread
---
Hopes for SSB4: Ridley, Krystal, Lucina, King K. Rool
Hates for SSB4: Pac Man, Miis, Waluigi, Daisy