You know he hasn't been discussed in awhile, but.... Vaati?

#21LordCarlislePosted 2/17/2014 11:02:49 PM
Austin_4e posted...
LordCarlisle posted...
Austin_4e posted...
LordCarlisle posted...
The mainline Zelda games are the console titles, minus FSA. And Ganondorf was in several games before his Brawl appearance! All of which he served as major antagonist in! Your point is rather invalid.

Sorry but Nintendo's word >>>> your opinion. Also I don't get what you're even arguing anymore. Vaati appeared in three games before Brawl where he was a major antagonist. As did Ganondorf. Neither have had appearances in Zelda since.

I don't get what you're arguing either.

Ganondorf had three major appearances in three console titles. One of which came out shortly before Brawl, so of course he got in.

Vaati has had three major appearances in three minor titles. None of which came out anywhere near Brawl's release.

And you're right, Ganondorf has not had an appearance since. At the same time, he's not confirmed for SSB4.

I don't think we understand each other at all.

My point was you were using an argument for why Vaati wouldn't be playable, that applied to Ganondorf who obviously has been playable before.

Basically your argument couldn't be used to shoot down Vaati if it applies to Ganondorf as well.

Regardless, I'm just entertaining the notion. I was playing through Four Swords and just thought, man Vaati would be a great parallel to Toon Link in Smash. :p

Okay, I see the misunderstanding. I don't believe Vaati meets the same criteria as Ganondorf, as the games he is from are minor entries in the series, and hasn't been seen in a longer time than Ganondorf has.
---
The board has got a healthy dose of Captain Olimar. But there aren't enough Ghirahim supporters... that'll change or my sig won't. 12/08/13
NNID: thedivinity
#22BatoideusPosted 2/17/2014 11:06:14 PM
I would love to see him, and while I don't think he's too likely for this game I could easily see him appearing next time. Remember that shareholder's conference where Iwata said they'd let 3rd Party companies make games with their characters? Well if Capcom comes back for another Zelda title, I'm sure they'll bring back Vaati with them.

Also, I'm still waiting on a game with an explanation for why Vaati and Ghirahim look so damn similar.
#23taoxadasaPosted 2/17/2014 11:08:27 PM
taoxadasa posted...
Ganon.

---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#24BreckenDuskPosted 2/18/2014 12:44:21 AM
Batoideus posted...
I would love to see him, and while I don't think he's too likely for this game I could easily see him appearing next time. Remember that shareholder's conference where Iwata said they'd let 3rd Party companies make games with their characters? Well if Capcom comes back for another Zelda title, I'm sure they'll bring back Vaati with them.

Also, I'm still waiting on a game with an explanation for why Vaati and Ghirahim look so damn similar.

I think Rethalwolf did that in that other thread.
#25BatoideusPosted 2/18/2014 4:07:06 AM
BreckenDusk posted...
Batoideus posted...

I think Rethalwolf did that in that other thread.

Yeah, I was the one having a conversation with him about it. But I'd like to see what Nintendo's explanation is.