Smash Bros 64 redone

#1TriforceNimiPosted 2/19/2014 9:44:38 AM
If the first installment of Smash was redone today, with only 12 characters and 9 stages, what do you think the game would be like?
#2RotomGuy3Posted 2/19/2014 9:45:10 AM
Jigglypuff wouldn't be on the roster, that's for sure.
---
My 3DS FC - Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
Pikmin Franchise = Best Franchise -~- Currently Stalking: SSBWU & Pokemon X Boards
#3HejiruPosted 2/19/2014 9:46:11 AM
Probably the same except Captain Falcon, Jiggs, and Ness would be replaced with Olimar, Villager, and either Pit, Wario, Bowser, or Lucario.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4TriforceNimi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 9:47:38 AM
Hejiru posted...
Probably the same except Captain Falcon, Jiggs, and Ness would be replaced with Olimar, Villager, and either Pit, Wario, Bowser, or Lucario.

Or a Fire Emblem rep due to Awakening being huge
#5quittaboi78Posted 2/19/2014 9:47:46 AM
Done today, with those restrictions? Well for one thing, there'd definitely be one character per franchise to squeeze in enough representation as possible. Which means...sorry, Jigglypuff and Luigi. I still think counting Donkey Kong and Yoshi as their own series is cheating, but whatever.
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#6Pikachu942Posted 2/19/2014 9:48:16 AM
Mario
Luigi
Pikachu
DK
Bowser
Link
Ganon
Yoshi
Wario
Mewtwo
Krby
Dedede

Notice how it is 7 franchises to 10 in 64? There are less popular franchises for Nintendo nowadays.

Mushroom Kingdom
Pokemon Stadium
DK Jungle
Yoshi's Island
Warioware Inc.
Bowser's Castle
Dreamland
Hyrule Castle
Secret Stage: Final Destination
---
Official host of Smash Big Brother and President of Smash 4 Wii U Boards
Simon Belmont for Smash Bros.! http://imgur.com/McRUTc1: Big Brother Season 1
#7TriforceNimi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 9:50:00 AM
quittaboi78 posted...
Done today, with those restrictions? Well for one thing, there'd definitely be one character per franchise to squeeze in enough representation as possible. Which means...sorry, Jigglypuff and Luigi. I still think counting Donkey Kong and Yoshi as their own series is cheating, but whatever.

Agreed except for with Luigi's situation. He's way too iconic to be removed. I was a little torn on Yoshi, not so much Donkey Kong though
#8SmashBro25Posted 2/19/2014 10:03:18 AM(edited)
I like topics like this.
Anyway,

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Yoshi
Villager
Luigi*
Lucario*
Chrom*
Bowser*

* = hidden

Mario is a bit over represented, but honestly, that's probably the most likely scenario.

EDIT: Forgot stages.

Mushroom Kingdom
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium
Green Greens
Smashville
Brinstar
Arena Ferox
Jungle Japes
Skyloft
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#9skaz9000Posted 2/19/2014 9:58:04 AM(edited)
Crossover-ness was SSB64's main schtick. I'm sure they would still do their best to fit in as many different franchises now as they did then. The selection would likely be different though. Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem and Wario would be more likely imo.
#10HejiruPosted 2/19/2014 9:57:39 AM
TriforceNimi posted...
Hejiru posted...

Or a Fire Emblem rep due to Awakening being huge

Oh right, forgot Fire Emblem.

Then I'll say... Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu, and Luigi are ironclad. WarioWare is bigger than Yoshi now, so maybe Wario replacing Yoshi? That leaves 4 spots. Marth, Olimar, Villager, and Bowser/Lucario.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy