Super Smash Bros. RPG! The game is the only one just for me.

#17lightsXIIIPosted 2/19/2014 12:31:51 PM(edited)
Would you approve of a Smash Bros RPG spin off game? - Results (34 votes)
Yes, it should be turn based.
47.06% (16 votes)
Yes, it should be a action RPG.
35.29% (12 votes)
Yes, it should be a turn based strategy RPG like Fire Emblem.
8.82% (3 votes)
No but it should be turn based.
5.88% (2 votes)
No but it should be a action RPG.
2.94% (1 votes)
No but it should be a turn based strategy like Fire Emblem.
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would approve but I want it to be a action RPG or at least a strategy game in the same vein as Fire Emblem.
---
...In a sexual way...
Prince Marth X Princess Peach is canon! #RoyalOTP
#2Miss_BluPosted 2/19/2014 12:28:59 PM
RPG world, smash like battles. that should be the story mode.
---
All the lonely people / Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people/ Where do they all belong?
#37lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:31:09 PM
Miss_Blu posted...

So you want an open world fighting game basically.
---
...In a sexual way...
#4Miss_BluPosted 2/19/2014 12:32:00 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Miss_Blu posted...

So you want an open world fighting game basically.

RPG world. When you hit an enemy;he hits you, a smash like battle begins.
---
All the lonely people / Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people/ Where do they all belong?
#5RotomGuy3Posted 2/19/2014 12:32:10 PM
An RPG with all Nintendo characters?

I WAAAAAAAAANT
---
My 3DS FC - Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
Pikmin Franchise = Best Franchise -~- Currently Stalking: SSBWU & Pokemon X Boards
#67lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:33:18 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...
An RPG with all Nintendo characters?

I WAAAAAAAAANT

Not gonna happen. It makes too much sense for Nintendo to comprehend.
---
...In a sexual way...
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 2/19/2014 12:37:00 PM
An action RPG with SSB's cast would be a ***** to balance. It's hard enough just having 6 characters that are all unique (no redundant classes) and viable (not clearly outclassed by another character serving a comparable role). I think there'd be a lot more room for flexibility in a turn-based game where there can be dozens of classes.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Host of Hades' Kitchen on SSB WiiU board.
#8ResponderPosted 2/19/2014 12:40:30 PM
Other: No, it shouldn't be made.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/4183
#97lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:41:37 PM
Responder posted...
Other: No, it shouldn't be made.

The reason I didn't bother including the other option.
---
...In a sexual way...
#10TheWayofPiePosted 2/19/2014 10:42:10 PM
It's probably be a turnbased RPG if it existed. I have some ideas for how it would work stached on WordPad because I wanted to make a fangame out of it, but it was too ambitious and I refused to half-ass it... You could play as all the original 12 Smash Bros characters. Each of them had a completely different style. Imagine Final Fantasy 6 gameplay with the reaction minigames of Mario and Luigi/Paper Mario.

Beware. This is proof of my nerdiness.

<MARIO>
[!Courage]: Mario will deal 25% more damage when he is at low health.

[Jump]: Same as the Jump command from the Final Fantasies. Take extra time to do more damage to enemy. You also avoid almost all attacks for the duration you are jumping. The effects of the [Jump] command changes depending on the boots you have equipped.
*[Jump]: The normal old jump command. Does x1.5 physical damage.
*[Mulitbounce]: Jump on every enemy for x0.75 physical damage.
*[Powerbounce]: Jump on the enemy over and over again until you miss an action command. Starting jump value is x1.0 physical damage. It then goes down until you only start doing x0.10 damage.
*[Stomp]: Adds a chance to FLATTEN an enemy.
*[Toadstool]: Jump command now SPIKES flying makes enemies.

[Power-up]: Use the collected Mario Items in battle. Leveling Mario up will increase the amount of items Mario can bring to one battle.
Green Shell: Inflict blunt damage to one line of enemies.
Red Shell: Inflict blunt damage to random targets.
Lazy Shell: Inflict heavy blunt damage on one target.
Fireflower: Inflict fire damage on all enemies. May inflict BURN.
Iceflower: Inflict ice damage to a group of enemies. May inflict FREEZE.
Lightning: Inflict lightning damage to one enemy. Guarantees to PARALYZE most enemies.
Pow Block: Inflict weak earth damage to all grounded enemies. Most enemies are then GROUNDED.
Shooting Star: Inflict star damage to all enemies. May inflict SLEEP.
Giga Mushroom: Mario turns giant and stomps all enemies in an attempt to inflict AUTO-KO.
Feather Cape: Inflicts a party member with FLOAT making him immune to ground/earth attacks. They also gains x0.25 Agility. Beware, you can be SPIKED to the ground.
Courage Shell: Inflict a party member with SUPER ARMOR making them take x0.30 less damage and immune to STUN/FLATTEN/AUTO-KO.
Boo's Sheet: Inflicts Mario with INVISIBLE making all physical/non-magical attacks miss him for a few turns.
Starman: Inflicts Mario with INVINSIBLE boosting all his stats by x0.25 and making him immune to all damage.

<MARTH>
[!Counter]: Marth has a chance to counter all attacks that come at him. Successfully countering allows Marth to gain FP for [Fencing].

[Fencing]: Use FP to perform Marth's sword techniques. Everytime Marth gets a succesful counter-attack or critical hit he will gain FP to use his fencing skills.
Level 1
----------
Dolphin Slash: Slash a foe upwards and SPIKE them.
Shield Breaker: An attack that ignores the opponents defense completely. Also deals double damage to opponents with a Defensive Buff before removing it.

Level 2
----------
Astra: Strike out at a foe four times. Inputting a direction at the end will change his final strike.
Tip of the Blade: Marth's next attack deals 50% more damage the next turn.

Level 3
---------
Swords Dance: Strike four random targets with slashes. Does three slashes when only three targets are on the field and so on.
Rally: Buff the stats of every ally by 25% for two turns.

[Spacing]: Other characters can only fight on the front and back rows but, Marth can travel into the illusive midrow. When here he deals 30% less damage, but has a higher chance of performing critical hits and counters. Use this command again while in the midrow to go back to the previous row.
---
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8