We have 23 characters confirmed yet...

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 2/20/2014 5:49:48 PM
Let's expect Ice Climbers, Diddy, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Wario. That would raise it to 30 (34 if you count the Pokemon, ZSS and Sheik).

Now let's see:

Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Snake, Captain Falcon, Ness, ROB, Wolf, Mr. G&W, Falco are obviously unlockable. That brings the roster up to 39 (43 if counting transformations).

This game will probably have around 45-48 (49-52 if counting transformations) characters.
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#2NightinanglePosted 2/20/2014 5:51:33 PM
Weird. That has been my guess.
---
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
This is my flame shield.
#3kingtracePosted 2/20/2014 5:51:55 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Let's expect Ice Climbers, Diddy, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Wario. That would raise it to 30 (34 if you count the Pokemon, ZSS and Sheik).

Now let's see:

Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Snake, Captain Falcon, Ness, ROB, Wolf, Mr. G&W, Falco are obviously unlockable. That brings the roster up to 39 (43 if counting transformations).

This game will probably have around 45-48 (49-52 if counting transformations) characters.

I would not count Ike or Lucas as shoo ins, and I don't think Jigglypuff, Snake, Wolf, or R.O.B. are obvious.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#4GameeshPosted 2/20/2014 5:52:04 PM
It's useless to determine an exact number of characters in the roster now. I say wait for a release date, check the number of characters then and try again.
---
FFXI server: Phoenix (proud Galka Blue mage for 10 years now)
3DS Friend code: 3909-8734-9077
#5Zero_DestroyerPosted 2/20/2014 5:56:07 PM
I think the only character that isn't likely to return at this point is Snake.

-Lucas had been planned to be in Melee
-Ike remains a popular character
-Wolf has a fairly unique moveset excusing his specials and he's important to Star Fox
-ROB is an important part to Nintendo's history in the same way Mr. G&W is.
-Jigglypuff is a 3-game veteran
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#6TaojazPosted 2/20/2014 5:59:26 PM
Wait, so you're assuming we'll get like freaking SEVEN newcomers? Really?

64 added 12, Melee added 14, Brawl added 18, 4 will likely add equal or more than that. There's so much stuff in favor of a huge roster people are ignoring, like:

-No giant story mode(which took up like 40% of Brawl's dev time or something)
-Two teams, one of which is arguably THE most experienced fighting game makers in the world
-They don't have to code an engine from scratch(they're using a modified Brawl engine

...And instead they decide that based on an offhand comment Sakurai made about possibly not focusing on adding new characters this time around before work on the game had even started, somehow the game will feature less new content than a freaking N64 game made by like, what, a 16th of the team they have now, if that.
#7Dark_Zoroark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:05:33 PM
Taojaz posted...

64 added 12, Melee added 14, Brawl added 18, 4 will likely add equal or more than that. There's so much stuff in favor of a huge roster people are ignoring, like:

-Two teams, one of which is arguably THE most experienced fighting game makers in the world
-They don't have to code an engine from scratch(they're using a modified Brawl engine

...And instead they decide that based on an offhand comment Sakurai made about possibly not focusing on adding new characters this time around before work on the game had even started, somehow the game will feature less new content than a freaking N64 game made by like, what, a 16th of the team they have now, if that.

35 (Brawl Roster) + 10/12 = 45-48
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#8matdsotm3Posted 2/20/2014 6:06:47 PM
+Mii
+Palutena
+Pac-Man

=42 slots

My guesses are Mewtwo, Ridley and Takamaru or Prince of Sable to round the roster up to a nice 45 slots, not including transformations.
#9Son_of_SnoopPosted 2/20/2014 6:09:00 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Taojaz posted...

35 (Brawl Roster) + 10/12 = 45-47

fix'd
---
Not changing this signature until the Memphis Grizzlies win the NBA Championship. YAGB
Will you still say to the one who slays you, "I am a god"?
#10Dunkelheit666Posted 2/20/2014 6:09:00 PM
I agree with you with the number of characters, but i think we are get some cuts. Probably Pokemon trainer, Snake, (and less likely) Wolf and Lucas. So, that means that 33(or 35) of 39 characters from brawl will make a return. That, until 50 makes a total of 15-17 newcomers which we have confirmed 5. There's at least, ten more newcomers.
That's my guess, of course. Probably there's a little bit less characters, but probably not less than 48, and a maximum of 52. So... 13-19 newcomers is a good number.