We have 23 characters confirmed yet...

#11SilverSteelePosted 2/20/2014 6:12:19 PM
What about Yoshi? I'd think he'd still be a starting character.

Anyways, I think it's possible that characters like Ike (assuming he returns) and Lucas could be unlockable this time around. Even though they were starting in Brawl, it really didn't make much sense for them to be the starters and Marth/Ness to be unlockable, I think it definitely should have been the other way around. And this wouldn't be the first time Sakurai has made previously starting characters unlockable or vice versa.

Also, Sonic and Mega Man will almost inevitably be unlockable. I also strongly suspect that Toon Link and Rosalina could be unlockable as well.

But overall, yeah, I think we're probably getting around 45 characters.
#12Dark_Zoroark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:27:37 PM
SilverSteele posted...
What about Yoshi? I'd think he'd still be a starting character.

Anyways, I think it's possible that characters like Ike (assuming he returns) and Lucas could be unlockable this time around. Even though they were starting in Brawl, it really didn't make much sense for them to be the starters and Marth/Ness to be unlockable, I think it definitely should have been the other way around. And this wouldn't be the first time Sakurai has made previously starting characters unlockable or vice versa.

Also, Sonic and Mega Man will almost inevitably be unlockable. I also strongly suspect that Toon Link and Rosalina could be unlockable as well.

But overall, yeah, I think we're probably getting around 45 characters.

OMG, I FORGOT YOSHI!!!
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#13Doug314Posted 2/20/2014 6:35:56 PM
I say it seems extremely likely that there are 45 slots (not counting transformations) at this point. So if all brawl vets return, there are only 5 slots left.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!
#14terminacarnivalPosted 2/20/2014 7:00:38 PM
No mention of Yoshi.

I am getting so tired of this meme.
---
Opinions of others are important so long as they do not conflict your own.
#15Lexmark1989Posted 2/20/2014 7:03:22 PM
Zero_Destroyer posted...
I think the only character that isn't likely to return at this point is Snake.

-Lucas had been planned to be in Melee
-Ike remains a popular character
-Wolf has a fairly unique moveset excusing his specials and he's important to Star Fox
-ROB is an important part to Nintendo's history in the same way Mr. G&W is.
-Jigglypuff is a 3-game veteran

Unique moveset didn't stop mewtwo from being cut did it?
---
Look In my Eyes! What do ya see!!
Pokemon Y FC Robin 0920-0595-5864
#16S00perShyGuyPosted 2/20/2014 7:16:21 PM(edited)
Ness, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game and Watch, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, Wario, Meta Knight and Falco will all most likely be announced, but I'd say the rest probably have a stronger chance of getting cut, especially Snake given that the latest Metal Gear game isn't even on any Nintendo consoles.
---
3DS FC: 0516-7273-8210 ACNL: Alex in Windfall
Nintendo Network (Wii U): SuperShyGuy
#17reaverzPosted 2/20/2014 8:19:32 PM
terminacarnival posted...
No mention of Yoshi.

I am getting so tired of this meme.

Really. Though I'll give TC the benefit of the doubt on this one and guess that he just forgot.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18BobTDonutPosted 2/20/2014 8:34:58 PM
So are we counting Pokemon Trainer as only one character, same as Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS? Cause Brawl technically has 39 characters, just only 35 character slots.

If anything, I can see the roster being everyone from Brawl returning, plus Mewtwo, plus a total of 10-12 newcomers to round out a 50-52 character roster. PREDICTION TIME

Entire Brawl Roster = 39
Mewtwo = 40
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Rosalina
Little Mac = 45 with confirmed newcomers
Chrom
Palutena
Dixie Kong
Ridley (I said it)
Pac-Man (I SAID IT) = 50 total

Add in 1-2 wildcards to finish it. Come at me.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/ojZuhpq.gif http://i.minus.com/iOBJhbqPH5kt4.gif
#19MooMindedPosted 2/20/2014 8:41:29 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...
Let's expect Ice Climbers, Diddy, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Wario. That would raise it to 30 (34 if you count the Pokemon, ZSS and Sheik).

Now let's see:

Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Snake, Captain Falcon, Ness, ROB, Wolf, Mr. G&W, Falco are obviously unlockable. That brings the roster up to 39 (43 if counting transformations).

This game will probably have around 45-48 (49-52 if counting transformations) characters.

Where's Yoshi?

... are we going to get another "Yoshi cut lol" meme?
#20CharizardFirePosted 2/20/2014 8:46:40 PM
I would not count Ike or Lucas as shoo-ins

They kept Toon Link. Why would there be any chance of those two being cut when Toon Link wasn't?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif