Of these, who do you consider to be the most unworthy Smash Bros character?

#21KillerKremlingPosted 2/26/2014 5:49:55 PM
Ice Climbers by far. There is almost not a single reason why they should have been added in the first place aside from the contrived "retro representation" argument. They were in a single crappy game that no one played. And to further demonstrate my point I will tell you why every other character is better than them:

Jigglypuff: Part of the pokemon francise, this almost automatically make it a well known character. Also appeared in dozens of games.

Falco: One of the main characters to a important francise and has appeared multiple times.

Wolf: One of the main antagonists to an important francise and has appeared multiple times.

Mr. Game and Watch: Part of a very large and important francise.

R.O.B.: Another important part of Nintendo's history and had made many cameo appearences pre-Brawl.

Sheik: Appeared in a highly acclaimed game that sold millions of units.

Lucas: Main protagonist in a well recieved and very popular game in the east.

Wii Fit Trainer: Apart of a very important and highly succesful series.

Rosalina: Apart of the Mario francise, making her automatically a very well known character. Also appeared in dozens of games.

So yeah you can debate the above character's worthiness all you want but they all have atleast 1 quality over the Ice Climbers, hence why they are the most unworthy characters to be included into Smash Bros.
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
A character is not limited in their moveset potential, you are just limited in imagination.
#22Waluigi7Posted 2/26/2014 5:50:45 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
jiggs is now relevant due to fairy type, but still, if it wasn't for smash...

well, beside her we have Rosalina

Oh yeah, I forgot how relevant Scizor and Sneasel were during gen two (Not). Having a new type doesn't increase relevance
---
The Beatles for SSB4! Number of people that agree: One
#23KillerKremlingPosted 2/26/2014 5:52:49 PM
Waluigi7 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
jiggs is now relevant due to fairy type, but still, if it wasn't for smash...

well, beside her we have Rosalina

Oh yeah, I forgot how relevant Scizor and Sneasel were during gen two (Not). Having a new type doesn't increase relevance

Yeah, it's like saying Wii Fit Trainer getting a new outfit in Wii Fit U makes her an important and relevant character in the gaming world.
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
A character is not limited in their moveset potential, you are just limited in imagination.
#24RJ-MacReadyPosted 2/26/2014 5:57:02 PM
Ridley.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#25Pikachu942Posted 2/26/2014 6:00:47 PM
Waluigi7 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Waluigi7 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Jigglypuff-Second most popular Pokemon at the time of her entry deserving at that point.
Falco-One of the main characters who has been around since the beginning, deserves it
Wolf-Same as Falco, but also the closest to a Star Fox antagonist we can get, deserving
Mr. Game and Watch-Symbolizes intendo's pre-NES days, entirely deserving
R.O.B.-Symbolizes how Nintendo was able to become the king of video games and save the Western market, entirely deserving, if not unexpected.
Ice Climbers-Good retro rep from a semi-popular game, deserveing
Shiek-from one game ad never appeared again, even if it was a popular game, not deserving
Lucas-Most recent protagonist of Mother, but is from a really small series, not deserving, no matter how much I main him or like his game.
Wii Fit Trainer-Symbolizes Nintendo's success in today's day and age with the Wii system, entirely deserving.
Rosalina-Main Mario character. entirely deserving.

So Lucas and Shiek, and I guess Lucas would be less deserving due to being from a less popular franchise, so I sadly must say Lucas.

Mewtwo, and all the starters were more popular than Jigglypuff

She was the second most popular IN JAPAN, I should've clarified.

Then why did Sakurai want Mewtwo over her?

Easy, because he was more popular worldwide, while Jiggs was more popular in Japan.
---
Official host of Smash Big Brother and President of Smash 4 Wii U Boards
Simon Belmont for Smash Bros.! http://imgur.com/McRUTc1: Big Brother Season 1
#26ItsMeSBPosted 2/26/2014 6:03:26 PM
Jiggs was a lazy Kirby clone. Sakurai didn't even want her.

Hell, Jiggypuff barely even cameo'd in SSE, and she'd been in every game up til then. Drop her already.
#27DelkuraPosted 2/26/2014 6:03:47 PM
newxo5678 posted...
r.o.b is the only real choice

At least the others were not a poor nes accessory...

Didn't R.O.B. more or less save video games in North America?
#28Waluigi7Posted 2/26/2014 6:04:34 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
Waluigi7 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Waluigi7 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
Jigglypuff-Second most popular Pokemon at the time of her entry deserving at that point.
Falco-One of the main characters who has been around since the beginning, deserves it
Wolf-Same as Falco, but also the closest to a Star Fox antagonist we can get, deserving
Mr. Game and Watch-Symbolizes intendo's pre-NES days, entirely deserving
R.O.B.-Symbolizes how Nintendo was able to become the king of video games and save the Western market, entirely deserving, if not unexpected.
Ice Climbers-Good retro rep from a semi-popular game, deserveing
Shiek-from one game ad never appeared again, even if it was a popular game, not deserving
Lucas-Most recent protagonist of Mother, but is from a really small series, not deserving, no matter how much I main him or like his game.
Wii Fit Trainer-Symbolizes Nintendo's success in today's day and age with the Wii system, entirely deserving.
Rosalina-Main Mario character. entirely deserving.

So Lucas and Shiek, and I guess Lucas would be less deserving due to being from a less popular franchise, so I sadly must say Lucas.

Mewtwo, and all the starters were more popular than Jigglypuff

She was the second most popular IN JAPAN, I should've clarified.

Then why did Sakurai want Mewtwo over her?

Easy, because he was more popular worldwide, while Jiggs was more popular in Japan.

Smash was only intended to be released in Japan. It got sold elsewhere due to success in Japan
---
The Beatles for SSB4! Number of people that agree: One
#29ZeroX91Posted 2/26/2014 6:05:19 PM
Lucas, woulda voted for Rosilana or Wii Fit trainer...but I've never been able to say no to a pretty face.
---
*insert something clever here*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ19GKwTuFY