This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tried Making a Roster...

#1SerpdrakoPosted 2/26/2014 10:34:45 PM
Not sure how it turned out though. Of course I like it, but everyone won't for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/jojZrgw.png

What do you all think?
---
Waiting for: Xillia 2/Zestiria, Smash Bros. U, Dark Souls 2, Zelda U, Mario Kart 8, X, Bravely Default, MGSV, FFXV, KH3, FFX/X-2 HD, and A NEW METROID!!!
#2RethalwolfPosted 2/26/2014 10:41:09 PM(edited)
KKRool over Daisy: +1
Shulk over Isaac: -.5
Four FE Reps (some'll get ya for this): +.5
Palutena, Ridley, AND Dark Samus (call it Prime?): +1
No Mii or Pac-Man: +1
No female FE Rep: -.5
No hates: -0
Overall: +2.5
Change Roy to Lyn or Chrom to Lucina (or a tag team, or Robin), though, and that goes to +4... and Isaac over/and Shulk would bring it to a 1.
Which honestly makes this a pretty damn good roster. As long as Sheik is still in it, that is.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3ToastyPuddingPosted 2/26/2014 10:41:06 PM
Hate to tell you but it needs a lot of fixes.

The most glaring issue is the 4 Fire Emblem characters. FE doesn't warrant the same amount of Zelda and if you were to add that many, those 4 would be terrible. All of them overlap in terms of character, personality, fighting style, weapon and design. If you could have that many, at least add some interesting choices.
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.
#4RethalwolfPosted 2/26/2014 10:42:10 PM
^I suppose I should have said "interesting" instead of "female" FE rep. But I think 4 reps is good; gives them the opportunity to represent more of the massive range of the series.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#5Serpdrako(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 10:46:34 PM
Alright, fair enough. I just happen to want Roy back personally. Chrom seems likely, and I guess Ike could go, but I don't know. Would Robin (female and male like WFT) suffice to replace one of them? Any other fixes?
---
Waiting for: Xillia 2/Zestiria, Smash Bros. U, Dark Souls 2, Zelda U, Mario Kart 8, X, Bravely Default, MGSV, FFXV, KH3, FFX/X-2 HD, and A NEW METROID!!!
#6ToastyPuddingPosted 2/26/2014 10:46:50 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
^I suppose I should have said "interesting" instead of "female" FE rep. But I think 4 reps is good; gives them the opportunity to represent more of the massive range of the series.

I would love for FE to get that many, as long as they were interesting choices but I don't think it really deserves it compared to other franchises. Since I'm doubting they'll go with interesting choices anyway, 4 would be ridiculous in the actual game.
---
#7ToastyPuddingPosted 2/26/2014 10:51:56 PM
Serpdrako posted...
Alright, fair enough. I just happen to want Roy back personally. Chrom seems likely, and I guess Ike could go, but I don't know. Would Robin (female and male like WFT) suffice to replace one of them? Any other fixes?

If we're being realistic, I guess so. However, if we're choosing based on best representation and uniqueness value, there are so many better options. Tiki, Caeda, Anna are just a few that would be pretty good choices.

As for other fixes, I think Zelda should have a 5th rep. I think the balance between the big 3 is important and should be consistent. As for the rep, I say Impa or Tingle.

The other fix you need is Dark Samus. DS only had relative importance to the Prime series and is pretty much over now (for the time being). I don't think she's a priority even on a 50 roster.
---
#8RethalwolfPosted 2/26/2014 10:54:46 PM
ToastyPudding posted...
Rethalwolf posted...

I would love for FE to get that many, as long as they were interesting choices but I don't think it really deserves it compared to other franchises. Since I'm doubting they'll go with interesting choices anyway, 4 would be ridiculous in the actual game.

I just think "deserves" is such a tired argument. Most of the games that people beg for characters for simply don't have NEARLY as much content to represent. As far as percentage of notable feature representation goes, FE is among the lowest.

Also TC if you're going to drop Ike you'll have to answer to my nope in full force. Roy didn't come back because he was terrible; if he were to come back now, he wouldn't be the same as before, and on top of that, I don't know why you'd want him because he never even came out in the US (officially). He'd be better replaced even by Eliwood, though no one wants (just) that.

And I'm with you on how likely Chrom is, but if he were replaced by Robin or in a tag team with Lucina, few would mind. Some would object because they "aren't main characters" or be confused, but in all it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Also you shouldn't look at my comments as "fixes" because nobody here agrees with anybody. Someone else will mark you off just as quickly for having Ridley on there, or no Waluigi or Daisy, or no LoZ newcomer, or having K Rool over Dixie. (Note I would also give more points for certain LoZ newcomers.)

Just keep building your roster the way you like it because it's not going to determine who's in the final game and you'll never please everyone here with it.
---
#9Mirai713Posted 2/26/2014 11:03:12 PM
Could use more Little Mac.
#10Serpdrako(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 11:03:17 PM
ToastyPudding posted...
Serpdrako posted...

If we're being realistic, I guess so. However, if we're choosing based on best representation and uniqueness value, there are so many better options. Tiki, Caeda, Anna are just a few that would be pretty good choices.

As for other fixes, I think Zelda should have a 5th rep. I think the balance between the big 3 is important and should be consistent. As for the rep, I say Impa or Tingle.

The other fix you need is Dark Samus. DS only had relative importance to the Prime series and is pretty much over now (for the time being). I don't think she's a priority even on a 50 roster.

So remove two FE guys for a female character? I see that Anna and Tiki have been in more games than Robin (obviously). However, when I think of Fire Emblem, I don't think of them. Might just be me. Robin is the main character of the most recent game, which is why Ike got in when he did since Radiant Dawn was the most recent (except Shadow Dragon, which was Marth anyway).

Remove Dark Samus for Tingle? I actually had Vaati before because I thought he would represent the "toon" games as a villain, but he hasn't been in a game in a while so yeah. However Tingle had the most importance in Wind Waker, which could represent the "toon" games, even if he isn't a villain. Sounds pretty good.
---