This Ridley nonsense is getting out of hand

#1PrismsbladePosted 2/28/2014 8:06:00 AM
It was funny at first but now I'm convinced that fans of his are just bonkers.

I refuse to believe that of Nintendos massive library of characters that ridley is their no.1 choice. I'm well aware that theres more to his character then a savage monster, but if hes portrayed as such in a majority of his appearances does it really matter?
---
3DS FC: 1693-0799-0030
PSN: Blackkaizer
#2KingofAwesome69Posted 2/28/2014 8:07:33 AM
Attention
#3Kyvos64Posted 2/28/2014 8:08:29 AM
Personality is not the most important thing. Did you know that Metroid is the only active series from the original Smash that still only has one character?
---
Self-proclaimed Non-Specific Action Figure of the SSBU boards
#4ViewtifulGenePosted 2/28/2014 8:08:59 AM
Bowser was portrayed as a savage monster in Melee and Brawl, so I don't see the problem. If anything, SSB4 could use another savage monster now that Bowser's design matches his more cartoony source material.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Falcon Pope of the Church of Captain Falcon for the SSB4 board.
#5MoonNight7Posted 2/28/2014 8:22:29 AM
Kyvos64 posted...
Personality is not the most important thing. Did you know that Metroid is the only active series from the original Smash that still only has one character?

In before an idiot mentions Zero Suit Samus.
#6Prismsblade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 8:24:31 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Bowser was portrayed as a savage monster in Melee and Brawl, so I don't see the problem. If anything, SSB4 could use another savage monster now that Bowser's design matches his more cartoony source material.

Melee did not have a story mode, so its irrelevant, and bowser was not a mindless monster for the few scenes he had in brawl. Attacking your arch nemesis is not mindless, nor is seting your hatred aside for the greater crisis at hand.
---
#7MoonNight7Posted 2/28/2014 8:26:15 AM
Boy am I glad I'm not the only one who realizes Metroid has only had ONE character this entire time. I don't care who it is, Ridley, Dark Samus, add something man. Holy jeez.
#8Prismsblade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 8:28:30 AM(edited)
Kyvos64 posted...

I never noticed or cared, if the developers of the metriod series never bothered to create nor flesh out more characters of the universe the fault lies in them.
---
#9HeterodonPosted 2/28/2014 8:28:40 AM
His character is being a savage monster, key word being savage. He's like The Dark Knight's Joker.
#10ViewtifulGenePosted 2/28/2014 8:29:30 AM
Prismsblade posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Melee did not have a story mode, so its irrelevant, and bowser was not a mindless monster for the few scenes he had in brawl. Attacking your arch nemesis is not mindless, nor is seting your hatred aside for the greater crisis at hand.

SSB is not a story-driven series so this is irrelevant. Sakurai already said this game wouldn't have a story mode like SSE.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Falcon Pope of the Church of Captain Falcon for the SSB4 board.