What if the fanmade game Super Smash Bros Crusade roster was the real roster?

#51ReallyCoolForumPosted 3/9/2014 8:06:00 PM(edited)
KFRarity posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dl85xhgyk

PS to Goku haters, Nintendo still published the Jump Star games (which JUS is the best handheld platform fighter ever)
Same reason as how James Bond could have been in Smash64 with RAREWARE.
I'm just saiyan, not supporting.

James Bond was a requested character in a poll on the Japanese site for the first Smash Bros. game. He was never considered at all.

And I believe that Sakurai once said that only characters that originated in video games would make it into Smash.
#52ReallyCoolForumPosted 3/9/2014 8:07:21 PM
EJW posted...
The.

Crusade.

Roster.

Isn't.

Done.

Yet.

Crybabies.

Doesn't matter, the characters they already included are terrible. Unless they plan to remove characters in future updates.
#53IngSlayerPosted 3/9/2014 8:13:56 PM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
People saying that there are characters missing like Bowser or whoever must not understand that they are still working on this game. Bowser and Olimar will be in the the next update for example.

I wonder if the people trying to defend this roster with an excuse like this realize that the topic was asking how people would feel about a specific one instead of whatever the final version will be. Even if I am to believe that the latter is what the TC meant, he/she never told us that the roster shown was not finished.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#54Zero_DestroyerPosted 3/9/2014 8:12:52 PM
ReallyCoolForum posted...
EJW posted...
The.

Crusade.

Roster.

Isn't.

Done.

Yet.

Crybabies.

Doesn't matter, the characters they already included are terrible. Unless they plan to remove characters in future updates.

The guy above him was literally ranting on how they didn't include certain characters that they'll probably add in the future. I'ts warranted to point out most people directly attacking the game's roster are making themselves look silly.
---
The Official Shiek Mainer in SSBB.
I am ZERO! The deck maker o' DOOM!
#55MooMindedPosted 3/9/2014 8:14:44 PM
EJW posted...
The.

Crusade.

Roster.

Isn't.

Done.

Yet.

Crybabies.

Yes, but the question is what if the roster we're seeing now was the definitive roster of the upcoming smash bros game. Even if this particular roster for smash bros crusade isn't done, it doesn't matter because it's not the roster that TC has shown us. This has less to do with Smash bros Crusade's development/current status and more to to with what we're seeing being the final product of an officially licensed Nintendo game.

KFRarity posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dl85xhgyk

PS to Goku haters, Nintendo still published the Jump Star games (which JUS is the best handheld platform fighter ever)
Same reason as how James Bond could have been in Smash64 with RAREWARE.
I'm just saiyan, not supporting.

Nintendo also published games for Popeye, Mickey Mouse, Snoopy, and Hamtaro... If you're going by the fact that Goku was in a game published by Nintendo alone, then he has just as much a chance as the others I listed.

Plus, Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars were giant crossovers of the various characters from Shonen Jump. By that logic, Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo, Bobobo, and many other characters have the exact same chances as Goku since they were also part of the game, and the games themselves had no real "main" characters, just characters more popular than others + "starter decks"
#56BurgandburbPosted 3/10/2014 9:47:35 AM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
People saying that there are characters missing like Bowser or whoever must not understand that they are still working on this game. Bowser and Olimar will be in the the next update for example.

Even if you add Bowser or any of the other bizarre omissions, the roster still sucks. There's still a bunch of characters that simply should not be there.

I'm not sure why the development team decided to work on a bunch of really stupid character ideas like Goku, Phoenix Wright, Geno, and Petey Piranha before putting characters like Bowser in. They need to get their priorities sorted.

EJW posted...
The.

Crusade.

Roster.

Isn't.

Done.

Yet.

Crybabies.

The topic asked if we'd like the Crusade roster to be SSB4's roster. The current roster does not feature characters like Bowser or Zelda.

They could add in fifty zillion characters in the future, as it stands right now, they're not in the game.

The fact that they're not isn't even the only problem listed. There's still the issue of there being completely idiotic choices for characters. I can think of dozens of eligiable characters I'd rather see in SSB4 than the likes of Geno, Goku, and Phoenix Wright.
#57BurgandburbPosted 3/10/2014 9:42:34 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Ashley = Automatic yes.

It could have Cream the Rabbit and Hitler in the game and I wouldn't care because it has Ashley.

I'd genuinely rather have Hitler in the game than the majority of Crusade's "brilliant" newcomer ideas.
#58PlasmaCannonPosted 3/10/2014 10:17:22 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Ashley = Automatic yes.

This.

I will happily ignore the fact there is a garbage anime character in the game because Ashley is playable and she should have been playable in SSB4 instead of being a ****ing Assist Trophy.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.