This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fourth Party characters arent out of the question guys

#1SnorpyPosted 3/7/2014 1:51:29 PM
Never has Sakurai said that he wont allow non video game characters into the game, he even considered James Bond for Smash bros. But everyone is always dissing non video game characters as if they have no chance which they do as long as they are important to the video game world like characters like Batman who has his own popular series. Though I agree that Goku is stupid and shouldnt be added. Just stop acting like its impossible guys.
#2Waluigi7Posted 3/7/2014 1:52:50 PM
I completely agree
---
Ringo Starr > George Harrison > Paul McCartney > John Lennon
And all of those are Freaking Adorable
#3ThePalmOfShamePosted 3/7/2014 1:53:59 PM
Picard confirmed?! About time
---
Be ashamed.
#4Snorpy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 1:58:03 PM
ThePalmOfShame posted...

No because Picard hasnt even been in any good video games besides only star trek fans want him and there arent enough of them that play Smash bros.
#5MooMindedPosted 3/7/2014 1:58:33 PM
fine, they're not impossible

just very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY unlikely

that said, I doubt any non-game characters will get into smash soon as long as Sakurai has plenty of video game characters to choose from with all of Nintendo's franchises/history alone, and even if he some how ran out of characters (or in this case, "relevant/important" characters) he'd still have a selection from 3rd party video game characters/companies.

and yes, I know James Bond was considered, but that's the key word here, "considered" he never actually made it because there were still many other video game characters who were a much bigger priority.

and with how new game franchises are coming out every day and how infrequent smash bros comes out, it'll be a long time until they realized they've used the all their availible Nintendo and 3rd party character selections before they decide to say "Well, time to add non-game originating characters to the roster!"

only exception to this rule is R.O.B, but even this his origins are video game related, is owned by Nintendo, and is VERY important to their history.
#6LordStark19Posted 3/7/2014 1:59:32 PM
Snorpy posted...
ThePalmOfShame posted...

No because Picard hasnt even been in any good video games besides only star trek fans want him and there arent enough of them that play Smash bros.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3u6uqF2T71ruw68wo1_250.gif

I see this link is indeed useful
#7Waluigi7Posted 3/7/2014 2:00:06 PM
MooMinded posted...

just very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY unlikely

that said, I doubt any non-game characters will get into smash soon as long as Sakurai has plenty of video game characters to choose from with all of Nintendo's franchises/history alone, and even if he some how ran out of characters (or in this case, "relevant/important" characters) he'd still have a selection from 3rd party video game characters/companies.

and yes, I know James Bond was considered, but that's the key word here, "considered" he never actually made it because there were still many other video game characters who were a much bigger priority.

and with how new game franchises are coming out every day and how infrequent smash bros comes out, it'll be a long time until they realized they've used the all their availible Nintendo and 3rd party character selections before they decide to say "Well, time to add non-game originating characters to the roster!"

only exception to this rule is R.O.B, but even this his origins are video game related, is owned by Nintendo, and is VERY important to their history.

This could pretty much be applied to third parties pre Brawl
---
Ringo Starr > George Harrison > Paul McCartney > John Lennon
And all of those are Freaking Adorable
#8Snorpy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 2:04:54 PM
MooMinded posted...

Not really. If a non video game character can be considered for THE FIRST SMASH BROS then whats stopping them from doing so in the fourth? Most potential newcomers now arent even that well known where as there are so many much more deserving and popular fourth party characters its not even funny. Id say they are just as ready now to add one in as they have always been.
#9any14coffeePosted 3/7/2014 2:09:26 PM
I don't think James Bond was actually considered, I think that was just a popularity poll or some such.
---
Sarcasm translates so well over the internet.
#10Majora999Posted 3/7/2014 2:09:38 PM
Snorpy posted...
Never has Sakurai said that he wont allow non video game characters into the game,

Yes he did. He said, flat-out, during Brawl's development that characters HAVE to have ORIGINATED from a video game.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11