Fourth Party characters arent out of the question guys

#41Snorpy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 4:13:20 PM
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
Snorpy posted...

Because I should be able to make topics without people like you being all on it like your opinion matters more or something. Go bother someone else.

As soon as you click that "Post Message" button, you've waived all rights to avoid criticism by others.

Alright fine. Im sorry, your allowed to keep posting on this topic.
#42MooMindedPosted 3/7/2014 4:16:41 PM

Because I should be able to make topics without people like you being all on it like your opinion matters more or something. Go bother someone else.

Well everyone believes their opinions matter, and people will say these opinions whether others like them or not. I didn't say my opinions matter more because I wasn't listing personal opinions, I was just talking about character copyright as well as asking questions in hopes you could give me an answer to help see things from your perspective.

I don't think my opinion matters more, your opinions matter just as much. In fact, I'll dare say your opinions matter more because it's your topic, but that doesn't make your opinions absolute. All I'm doing is trying to see why you have these opinions and check to see if you're familiar with how the implication of characters work for crossover games.

I'm not going to pretend to know everything about copyright, but I can say I've seen/read enough about it when it came to the development/production of other cross over properties to make me point out a few things.

Besides, I wasn't trying to put you down, I was just waiting for you to say something else to back up what you were saying. Besides, I'm not the first person like this you'll encounter, and I'm certainly not the last.

If you don't like people like me "being all on your topics like their opinion matters more" then you've come to the wrong place.
#43Snorpy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 4:18:48 PM
MooMinded posted...

Well everyone believes their opinions matter, and people will say these opinions whether others like them or not. I didn't say my opinions matter more because I wasn't listing personal opinions, I was just talking about character copyright as well as asking questions in hopes you could give me an answer to help see things from your perspective.

I don't think my opinion matters more, your opinions matter just as much. In fact, I'll dare say your opinions matter more because it's your topic, but that doesn't make your opinions absolute. All I'm doing is trying to see why you have these opinions and check to see if you're familiar with how the implication of characters work for crossover games.

I'm not going to pretend to know everything about copyright, but I can say I've seen/read enough about it when it came to the development/production of other cross over properties to make me point out a few things.

Besides, I wasn't trying to put you down, I was just waiting for you to say something else to back up what you were saying. Besides, I'm not the first person like this you'll encounter, and I'm certainly not the last.

If you don't like people like me "being all on your topics like their opinion matters more" then you've come to the wrong place.

Like I said sorry for acusing you of that. So whatever.
#44MooMindedPosted 3/7/2014 4:25:14 PM
Snorpy posted...
MooMinded posted...

Like I said sorry for acusing you of that. So whatever.

I think that was GoldenYuiitusin you apologized to, not me... we're two different people/posters.

So, if you're ready to stop telling people to not post/leave you alone, perhaps you can just answer the following questions:

What do character designs have to do with this now?

you mean using characters based off their video game incarnations if they were implemented into smash? As in, if James Bond makes it in, you use the James Bond design used for Golden eye? and if Batman made it in, you'd use the same design used by either the NES Batman game or the Arkham games?

Have any 4th party non-video game originating characters been considered since James Bond on the 64? if so, can you please tell me?
#45HejiruPosted 3/7/2014 4:25:35 PM
Snorpy posted...
Never has Sakurai said that he wont allow non video game characters into the game,

Yes, actually, he did say that. That was one of his rules for third party characters back in Brawl. They must have originated in a video game, and they must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

Snorpy posted...
he even considered James Bond for Smash bros.

No he didn't. James Bond was simply one of the requested characters in a poll after SSB64.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#46GoldenYuiitusinPosted 3/7/2014 4:33:25 PM
Hejiru posted...

Yes, actually, he did say that. That was one of his rules for third party characters back in Brawl. They must have originated in a video game, and they must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

This is another misconception.

He never actually said this. All he said was that Brawl wouldn't feature any manga characters.

That being said, it still wouldn't be wise for anyone to expect such characters to appear any time soon.
#47LordStark19Posted 3/7/2014 10:07:28 PM
Snorpy posted...

As soon as you click that "Post Message" button, you've waived all rights to avoid criticism by others.

Words to live by
#48bd43Posted 3/8/2014 7:26:13 AM(edited)
Waluigi7 posted...
iAmTheLaw45 posted...
Sakurai said that all characters must have originated in video games.

When it comes to James Bond, it was specifically mentioned that he wanted to include "Rare's depiction of James Bond," meaning that he counted as a video game character. And R.O.B is the only exception, being heavily associated with video games and Nintendo.

Sakurai also said Villager wouldn't ever get in

he also said that because they tried and sort of failed to do what they wanted there with Brawl.

And honestly, if this were remotely likely, it'd be a character that is so Iconic that they benefit and more in the style of the games. Someone like Mickey or Batman
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.