Pick a Side! 01: Ridley

#1KillerKremlingPosted 3/7/2014 7:52:29 PM
Hey guys and welcome to a new series I am creating called "Pick a Side!" where the rules are simple, I choose a topic to tackle and add yourself to either the For or Against list and then state your reasoning below. I know it's not too interesting but I feel it's a neat way to get all of board's users together to show where they stand and why, and just to illustrate it better than a generic poll. So let's get started.

Our first topic is probably one of the most famous and controversial, Should Ridley be playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U? Let's get started:

For:
- KillerKremling

Against:

This is a topic I've been back and forth on for a while and I've come to my final conclusion. While his overall size may pose a problem in the end this is no reason to ever say he doesn't deserve to be in the game. He is an incredibly important character and Metroid and deserves to be in. We're not Game Devs so let's just hope for the best.
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
A character is not limited in their moveset potential, you are just limited in imagination.
#2Waluigi7Posted 3/7/2014 7:54:17 PM
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7

Against:
---
Ringo Starr > George Harrison > Paul McCartney > John Lennon
And all of those are Freaking Adorable
#3Ravio_YoPosted 3/7/2014 7:55:04 PM
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- Ravio Yo

Against:
#4OneInchPokePosted 3/7/2014 7:55:50 PM(edited)
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- Ravio Yo
- OneInchPoke
Against:
---
Don't make me go inside in your ass
#5ecylisPosted 3/7/2014 7:55:48 PM
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- OneInchPoke
- Ecylis
Against:
---
3DS Friend Code: 3582-9158-2225 | http://i.imgur.com/ft5csr2.gif
#6ShaneikuaPosted 3/7/2014 7:56:41 PM
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- Ravio Yo
- OneInchPoke
- Ecylis
- Shaneikua

Against:
---
Official THOT of GameFAQs
http://i.imgur.com/TmNrhSv.png
#7Skull567890Posted 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- OneInchPoke
- Skulk567890
Against:

Ridley is the recurring antagonist in his series, a very memorable and unique villain, has a cruel and sadistic yet intelligent attitude, and is a space dragon for God's sake! Plus Metroid is good enough to warrant 2 reps.
---
Ars Magus? Hmph! Science is true power! Wahaahaha!
-Kokonoe, the best science-obssessed-cat-girl of all time! ALL HAIL THE POWER OF SCIENCE!
#8AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 3/7/2014 8:05:24 PM
I'm for Ridley. I want a second Metroid rep, either Dark Samus or Ridley. I think Ridley's more important, and would be more interesting to play as, but I would still be happy with DS if we couldn't have Ridley.
#9ShaneikuaPosted 3/7/2014 8:08:58 PM(edited)
Updated the list.

For:
- KillerKremling
- Waluigi7
- Ravio Yo
- OneInchPoke
- Ecylis
- Shaneikua
- Skulk567890
- AnnoyingCornGuy

Against:
#10Dustof_DryBonesPosted 3/7/2014 8:15:32 PM
KillerKremling posted...
This is a topic I've been back and forth on for a while and I've come to my final conclusion. While his overall size may pose a problem in the end this is no reason to ever say he doesn't deserve to be in the game. He is an incredibly important character and Metroid and deserves to be in. We're not Game Devs so let's just hope for the best.

The issue has never been whether or not he deserves it though.

Anyway, I'm not against his inclusion, but I wouldn't want him to look weird next to Samus (or even by himself, for that matter) either. The Brawl hacks/mods were awful, in my opinion. I felt like they totally missed the point of Ridley's character. Obviously, the real deal would be more professional-looking than that, but that still might not be enough. If he looks and feels right, then I'm happy, but if he looks or feels odd, then I'd be disappointed.

In other words, I can't pick a side. lol
---
Ahoy, matey!