Do we even know how Namco is involved in this?

#1L_M_4Posted 3/8/2014 9:16:58 AM
We all heard that they were back in the beginning, but they're not even credited as having anything to do with the game on the official website, it just lists Nintendo and HAL. Namco's been more-or-less quiet about the whole thing save for some really vague quotes from Harada.

Sakurai's still the director, so unless they just sent a few members of the Tekken or SC team over to do a few things, I'm not really sure what their involvement is.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#2MARl0Posted 3/8/2014 9:22:22 AM
They're developing the game. They've said this before. Just like Game Arts was the developer of Brawl.
---
Currently playing: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) / Strider (PS4) / DKC Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
#3SaikyoBroPosted 3/8/2014 9:22:53 AM
I would assume they're just generally helping out with stuff. Giving feedback on balance, possibly modeling and animating, and (hopefully) helping out a lot with the netcode.
#4chumpykalamoonaPosted 3/8/2014 9:25:13 AM
Sakurai's studio, Sora, is ridiculously small. If the internet is to be believed, it actually one has 2 employees, Sakurai and his wife.
Two people can't make a game, so Namco is essentially developing it for him. They're doing the coding, the modeling, the rigging, the textures, etc. They are doing the actual work, while Sakurai focuses on design and such, and maybe balance. We don't entirely know about that part yet.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#5SalsaSavantPosted 3/8/2014 9:26:53 AM
We don't know the details, but we're assuming that it's Sora+maybe some temps (Sora has 2 employees), Namco, Nintendo, and possibly some other minor studios (maybe Game Arts?)
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#6L_M_4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2014 9:32:47 AM
One would think that if they had as big of a role as they seem to have, they'd actually be officially credited somewhere.

Then again, it doesn't seem to list Sora ltd. either, which is strange. I'm sure they'll appear on one of the splash screens in the actual game, though.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon