Pick a Side! 04: Pac-Man

#1KillerKremlingPosted 3/12/2014 11:25:42 AM
Welcome back to Day 4 of Pick a Side! Yesterday we discussed Takamaru and while he definately had opposition around two thirds still said yes for him. Whether is be through likelyhood or potential many of you guys really want some Samurai action in Smash. So here are the results. Also thanks a ton for you guys who keep the list updated when other decide not to.

For:
AdmiralZephyr
GL10
Hypergamer55
Seb_Ramoray
Pikachu942
xgiraffes13x
bestssbbfan
bwburke94
betryedtangerin
TheShadowMan683
_Sanaki_
Zero_Destroyer
Nielicus
majora999
NicoRobin007
Avirex923
Darnstuff
skaz9000
pokemonynstyn
Hatchetfox
Maetch
OneInchPoke

Against:
KillerKremling
RememberingKim
Teh_Tiltyu
Hon_Caterpie
guedesbrawl
iAmTheLaw45
_Bellagio_
Waluigi7
taoxadasa
ReallyCoolForum
Magic_panda
geno4life

So anyway today's debate topic is Pac-Man. Clearly the most requested and popular third party character present on the interwebs. Likely the most iconic Video Game character of all time he has appeared on countless Nintendo systems and now we decide where we stand with him.

For:

Against:
KillerKremling

To me Pac-Man is similar to Takamaru, he'd be an okay Third Party rep I guess, but there are dozens more that I'd rather see. To me the support for Pac only really stems from notion that he is really likely because Namco is co-developing, which Sakurai has gone out of his way to say is not true. In my mind he has just as much of a chance as any other Third Party rep, but isn't one I want very much.
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
A character is not limited in their moveset potential, you are just limited in imagination.
#2geno4smash4Posted 3/12/2014 11:27:32 AM
for
---
geno should be in smash bros for wii u and 3ds
people who agree:3
#3taoxadasaPosted 3/12/2014 11:29:13 AM
for
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#4ToastyPuddingPosted 3/12/2014 11:32:05 AM
Against.

I can understand it, I just personally dislike him.
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.
#5FEAddictPosted 3/12/2014 11:32:22 AM
Against
---
Trying to beat all Final Fantasy games before the end of the year! Beat: III, V, XII. Official Kat&Ana of the SSBU board!
#6PlasmaCannonPosted 3/12/2014 11:32:26 AM
Neutral.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#7InnerTubeHeroPosted 3/12/2014 11:32:47 AM
for

Despite the fact I think his 3D model looks ridiculous and creepy, Pac-Man is the best choice to represent Namco and is a cornerstone of the gaming industry. Historically, the rivalry between he and Donkey Kong goes way back, could make a fun event or two.
---
No, no... it never fails once they're involved
Somehow whatever's wrong gets solved.
#8KillerKremling(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 11:32:59 AM
PlasmaCannon posted...
Neutral.

ILLEGAL! CHEATER! BANNED FOR LIFE!
---
K. Rool is Love, K. Rool is Life
A character is not limited in their moveset potential, you are just limited in imagination.
#9DarnstuffPosted 3/12/2014 11:33:51 AM
His modern games suck, he has no unique abilities and his television show is terrible. All of his popularity comes from the arcade game, which unfortunately does not translate well into 3D games. Pac-man should have never been Namco's mascot in the first place. I highly doubt people still consider him a Namco mascot. Sure, he's a mascot for old school arcade machines, but not for Namco or Nintendo as a company.
Against.
#10BetrayedTangyPosted 3/12/2014 11:33:58 AM
Against, while I do think he's likely, I reeeaaally don't want him to be playable.
---
I come up with my best ideas in the shower.