Rate My Roster?

#1ShiniOfMadnessPosted 3/17/2014 8:39:19 PM
I tried my best to make this for you guys, and I can provide my reasoning for each choice if you so desire. I hope you guys enjoy! Tell me what you think, and I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations!

Returning:
Entire Brawl Roster
Mewtwo

Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Palutena
Chibi-Robo
Dixie Kong
Tingle
Ridley
Insert Whatever Fire Emblem Rep You Want Here (I know barely anything about that series, and I won't pretend like I do, so, I'm sorry.)
Takamaru
Mii
Louie
Tom Nook
Excitebiker
Paper Mario (Repping His Own Series.)

How's that? Let me know what you think, and I can make revisions, if necessary.~
---
Hora Hora Hora~
#2SenselessBreakPosted 3/17/2014 8:43:09 PM
+1 for Mewtwo

+1 for Palutena
+1 for Chibi-Robo
+1 for Dixie Kong
+.5 for Tingle
+1 for Ridley
+1 for Insert Whatever Fire Emblem Rep You Want Here
+1 for Takamaru
+.5 for Mii
-1 for Louie
+ 0 for Tom Nook
+.5 for Excitebiker
+.5 for Paper Mario (Repping His Own Series.)

Good choices on newcomers. While not fans of Tingle and Miis, they are likely candidates. I disagree with Louie getting in, and if any captain were, it would be one from Pikmin 3. Im neutral on Tom Nook. I also think excitebiker and Paper Mario are good "random" characters.

overall 8/10
---
Senselez from Breakvil
2320 6273 4643
#3-Ghetsis-Posted 3/17/2014 8:44:09 PM
Near perfect. Replace Paper Mario and you're golden. Why should Paper Mario rep his own series if Toon Link doesn't rep his, and if Dr. Mario doesn't rep his?
#4Pikachu942Posted 3/17/2014 8:45:28 PM
-Ghetsis- posted...
Near perfect. Replace Paper Mario and you're golden. Why should Paper Mario rep his own series if Toon Link doesn't rep his, and if Dr. Mario doesn't rep his?

Toon Link is Zelda, he's not in a spin off series. Dr. Mario can be argued to be made before they started doing things like separating sub series.
---
Official host of Smash Big Brother and President of Smash 4 Wii U Boards
Simon Belmont for Smash Bros.! http://imgur.com/McRUTc1: Big Brother Season 1
#5ShiniOfMadness(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 8:46:01 PM
SenselessBreak posted...
+1 for Mewtwo

+1 for Palutena
+1 for Chibi-Robo
+1 for Dixie Kong
+.5 for Tingle
+1 for Ridley
+1 for Takamaru
+.5 for Mii
-1 for Louie
+ 0 for Tom Nook
+.5 for Excitebiker

Good choices on newcomers. While not fans of Tingle and Miis, they are likely candidates. I disagree with Louie getting in, and if any captain were, it would be one from Pikmin 3. Im neutral on Tom Nook. I also think excitebiker and Paper Mario are good "random" characters.

overall 8/10

Sorry, I had to throw Louie in there as my "Most-Wanted", even though I know the other Captains are more likely. As for Tom Nook, I only put him on there due to the Villager trailer. Something about the way he looks down at that envelope just makes me feel like something might happen... though I'm probably over-analyzing that.
---
Hora Hora Hora~
#6Dinoman96Posted 3/17/2014 8:46:31 PM
Pikachu942 posted...
-Ghetsis- posted...

Toon Link is Zelda, he's not in a spin off series. Dr. Mario can be argued to be made before they started doing things like separating sub series.

Yoshi was his own series since 64 though.
---
wargle gargle
#7ShiniOfMadness(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 8:50:19 PM
Dinoman96 posted...
Pikachu942 posted...
-Ghetsis- posted...

Yoshi was his own series since 64 though.

Yes, but I think by 64's point, Yoshi had two games in his "series": Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. Dr. Mario was really nothing more than a puzzle spin-off, even at Melee's time. As for why I would choose Paper Mario as his own rep, well, I've always felt that series was different enough from the main series to be considered separate, but that's just me. You're certainly free to feel differently. I only split him up, because if I didn't, I knew somebody would mention "Too Many Mario Reps", y'know?
---
Hora Hora Hora~
#8magic_pandaPosted 3/17/2014 9:01:31 PM
ShiniOfMadness posted...
SenselessBreak posted...
+1 for Mewtwo

+1 for Palutena
+1 for Chibi-Robo
+1 for Dixie Kong
+.5 for Tingle
+1 for Ridley
+1 for Takamaru
+.5 for Mii
-1 for Louie
+ 0 for Tom Nook
+.5 for Excitebiker

overall 8/10

Sorry, I had to throw Louie in there as my "Most-Wanted", even though I know the other Captains are more likely. As for Tom Nook, I only put him on there due to the Villager trailer. Something about the way he looks down at that envelope just makes me feel like something might happen... though I'm probably over-analyzing that.

Nah, when i rewatched the trailer more recently i got that same feeling from the way Tom nook looked at the envelope
---
My Smash Roster- http://imgur.com/7XOVJG3,3NznhQS,4edsxZs
Pac-Man's #1 anti-supporter
#9ShiniOfMadness(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 9:09:50 PM
magic_panda posted...
ShiniOfMadness posted...
SenselessBreak posted...
+1 for Mewtwo

+1 for Palutena
+1 for Chibi-Robo
+1 for Dixie Kong
+.5 for Tingle
+1 for Ridley
+1 for Takamaru
+.5 for Mii
-1 for Louie
+ 0 for Tom Nook
+.5 for Excitebiker

overall 8/10

Nah, when i rewatched the trailer more recently i got that same feeling from the way Tom nook looked at the envelope

Glad I'm not the only one, then
---
Hora Hora Hora~
#10AIien803Posted 3/17/2014 9:11:37 PM
Tingle makes this roster automatically Godlike. 10/10.

Chibi-Robo is a pretty great addition, though.
---
3DS FC: 2208-5387-4927