This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No character can replace any other character.

#1AIien803Posted 3/17/2014 10:43:45 PM
"Were not going to cut characters out of the way, were going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because its good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, Id like to apologize in advance to those fans."

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/20/sakurai-says-we-dont-have-time-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/

In order to replace one character with another, you have to cut the old one out, something sakurai is NOT planning to do. This means we will not get a new pokemon trainer to replace the old one, because that would mean Sakurai was palnning to cut Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur. Ike cannot be cut for Chrom. Sheik could not have been cut for Impa. Etcetera.
---
3DS FC: 2208-5387-4927
#2ToastyPuddingPosted 3/17/2014 10:51:08 PM(edited)
The only possibility left is that they make a clone first but then get rid of the original character due to time restrictions. Still possible. Incredibly unlikely though.
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.
#3Elephants249Posted 3/17/2014 10:47:04 PM
Ike won't be cut for Chrom, but Ike sucks so he'll be cut
---
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?
#4AIien803(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 10:50:50 PM
It really annoys me when people say another trainer has any chance at all. I don't think they understand it would mean Sakurai would plan for the Pokemon series to have eight movesets, and either prioritize a new pokemon trainer over Mewtwo or make Pokemon have more roster slots and twice the movesets of Nintendo's biggest franchise, Mario.
---
3DS FC: 2208-5387-4927