Definitive proof that Sakurai is getting LAZY with SSB4

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 3/21/2014 8:21:57 AM
In today's Miiverse post of a Phosphora trophy for WiiU, Sakurai said, "The detail in her scarf is amazing." The detail in Phosphora's scarf is a mere gradient with an outer glow.

How low has Sakurai gone, to count a simple gradient and glow effect as an "amazing" detail? This game is doomed. If Sakurai thinks adding simple color gradients is an "amazing" detail, what incentive does he have to do anything genuinely amazing? He has no incentive. He will slap a Photoshop gimmick on a character and call it a done deal. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. This inattention to detail is unacceptable. You cannot make an amazing fighting game character with slapdash color effects, yet Sakurai thinks a gradient is all it takes to attain an "amazing" level of detail.

How do you feel about this game being directed by a man content to call gradients "amazing" when he could demand much more of his development team? Does this game not deserve a director who cares more about his work?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Falcon Pope of the Church of Captain Falcon for the SSB4 board.
#2Luigifan141Posted 3/21/2014 8:26:00 AM
You don't think scarfs are amazing?
---
Soulstrikes posted...
who is this smogon guy everyone keeps talking abut is he serebiis dad or somethin
#3ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 8:27:38 AM
I don't think a slapdash Photoshop gimmick constitutes an amazing scarf detail.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#4MetaknighterPosted 3/21/2014 8:29:56 AM
tl;dr: TC is butthurt
---
"People call things OP'd when they don't use it and die from it a lot." - WestSdeNleVrus
It's "Disconfirm", people.
#5JorgenDevPosted 3/21/2014 8:31:38 AM
So are you just done with dedekong, or did you forget to switch?
---
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-hQCFT-l0o7INRFdLDbQqw
If you subscribe to my channel, you'll go to heaven. God told me.
#6ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 8:35:41 AM
When you already know who's behind the mask, do I really need to wear the mask?
---
#7ssj_duelistPosted 3/21/2014 8:39:28 AM
tc speaks truths whilst you haters live in a world of ideals.
#8MAXFERNOPosted 3/21/2014 8:40:40 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...

Perfect. I'm glad the truth is finally out. It's over, Gene
---
That's Stupid
#9JorgenDevPosted 3/21/2014 8:42:01 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...

I suppose not. I thought it was part of the joke.
---
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-hQCFT-l0o7INRFdLDbQqw
If you subscribe to my channel, you'll go to heaven. God told me.
#10tstumo27Posted 3/21/2014 8:50:25 AM
im not a "graphics are everything person" but idk the models don't look that great for some reason. I said this about this trophy and also the Rosalina laying down image. Honestly it could just be a big troll form Sakurai. With him pointing out the detail in her scarf either he is trying to say "look, trophies of non playable characters look just as detailed as playable ones or "look, she's a detailed trophy and the other trophies are not as detailed *wink *wink" (hinting at a playable inclusion) either way its in troll territory