This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anybody REALLY care about Yoshi's absence from the roster?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 3/21/2014 7:55:54 PM
I mean...I can probably count 4 people I ever played who used Yoshi online in Brawl. I can count even less who I played and used him in SSB and Melee. He has always been a very low tier character with a moveset so "unique" that nobody wanted to play him. And hell, the recent Yoshi games have been getting dashed with some violent reviews (Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's New Island). And if Yoshi's Land on Wii U becoming vaporware isn't evidence enough that he will forever be remembered as Mario's occasional side-kick, then his absence in Smash 4 will seal the deal permanently.

I think more people are noticing he's gone and feeling uncomfortable seeing a long-time veteran suddenly disappear than actually missing the little dino because they want to really play as him.
---
Follow me on Miiverse! NNID: OgnarPliskin
My Gameplay videos! Fighting Games, Nintendo, Dark Souls, and more. http://www.youtube.com/user/OgnarPliskin
#2montecarlofaqPosted 3/21/2014 7:56:24 PM
Yes.
#3BlayshyPosted 3/21/2014 7:56:52 PM
I do.
---
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
#4ZeroRidleyPosted 3/21/2014 7:57:39 PM
montecarlofaq posted...
Yes.

---
Morgan! By my twitching sword hand, whats happened to you?!
#5aftershock576Posted 3/21/2014 7:58:42 PM
Yoshi was one of my top 10 characters to use in brawl, so yeah, I do care if Yoshi isn't around.
#6SplitMushroomPosted 3/21/2014 7:58:51 PM
I don't honestly
---
Wilkins is at it again folks!!!
#70Swordsman0Posted 3/21/2014 8:00:03 PM
Yes, because it scares the hell out of me that if Yoshi isn't in it means Captain Falcon might not be in. Did anyone else notice most of Little Mac's attacks are Captain Falcon's attacks?
---
Signatures are pointless.
#8Astral_CometPosted 3/21/2014 8:00:11 PM
I have a friend who mains Yoshi because of how quirky he is, and I actually did in Melee along with Marth, Ness, and Mr. Game & Watch. But, yeah, he definitely is the least memorable of the Original 8.

But, think about it this way: if Yoshi hadn't been in any of the previous games, wouldn't he be an odd absence? Wouldn't he be one of the most wanted newcomers? An obvious choice? With all his spinoffs and side games?
#9Sir_HaxorPosted 3/21/2014 8:00:36 PM
No one cares about Yoshi. He was taking up space in the roster.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#10flawless75Posted 3/21/2014 8:01:30 PM
If Yoshi is not in, I will think of Sakurai as a sellout... Regardless, i'll still buy the Smash 4 games.
---
Super Smash Bros. is love, Super Smash Bros. is life.