This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What character could get the same reaction as Sonic had?

#1SideShowBattPosted 3/25/2014 4:56:06 AM
What character do you think could give the same reaction that almost crashed GameFAQ's boards when Sonic was revealed for Brawl?
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#2barrabaCHHSPosted 3/25/2014 4:59:37 AM
Sonic would have nothing on Ridley, especially since alot people say that his recent games all suck (not me though) and his character is as annoying as bees (this is me and I don't own many of his games because of it.)
---
Sometimes to predict Sakurai, you need to consider the unlikely likely and think outside the box.
#3Ravio_YoPosted 3/25/2014 5:00:33 AM
Ridley, Mewtwo, or in reverse, Daisy.
#4RoyMaster4Posted 3/25/2014 5:03:04 AM
We already had Mega Man, who would have done that...

So, who is like Sonic? It would have to be an extremely popular character, born on a rival console and has had history with Nintendo both as a rival for Mario and having later appeared on Nintendo consoles. This character would have not been as good lately, however the classics are widely regarded as great.

.... That description seems to match Crash Bandicoot. Huh.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
3DS FC: 5026-4428-6076
#5fuzi11Posted 3/25/2014 5:04:24 AM
RoyMaster4 posted...

So, who is like Sonic? It would have to be an extremely popular character, born on a rival console and has had history with Nintendo both as a rival for Mario and having later appeared on Nintendo consoles. This character would have not been as good lately, however the classics are widely regarded as great.

only point missing that Sonic is still relevant but Crash Bandicoot lost any appeal 15 years ago.
#6ShorydoukenPosted 3/25/2014 5:14:16 AM
fuzi11 posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

only point missing that Sonic is still relevant but Crash Bandicoot lost any appeal 15 years ago.

I liked the mutant games, and Twinsanity is one of my favorite PS2 games. :(

Also, he seriously needs to be a Skylander. SOOOOOOOOOOOO much money would be wheelbarrow'd up to Activition's door.
---
"The... people who don't know what a 3DS is think it is equivalent to a toaster with a gameboy advance markered onto the side of it." -Majora787
#7ThisAnvilPosted 3/25/2014 5:14:45 AM
Pacman
---
But Aquaman. You cannot marry a woman without gills... You're from two different worlds.
#8ShadowTheChogPosted 3/25/2014 5:24:11 AM
Sonic got a huge pop for being both a hugely popular character and for being the first third party inclusion ever. Now that we have third party characters, it would be almost impossible to match that level of excitement.

It would require someone who was not only third party but also outside the realm of what we consider possible. Master Chief, Goku, etc. The problem is, no character that fits these credentials will ever be added. That's the point.
---
Annoying Lights: http://annoyinglights.com (+App)
#9barrabaCHHSPosted 3/25/2014 5:26:48 AM
ShadowTheChog posted...
Sonic got a huge pop for being both a hugely popular character and for being the first third party inclusion ever. Now that we have third party characters, it would be almost impossible to match that level of excitement.

It would require someone who was not only third party but also outside the realm of what we consider possible. Master Chief, Goku, etc. The problem is, no character that fits these credentials will ever be added. That's the point.

Snake?
---
Sometimes to predict Sakurai, you need to consider the unlikely likely and think outside the box.
#10sylawatchPosted 3/25/2014 5:30:07 AM
Master Chief duh.
---
When they were revealed I literally shed tears of joy - Kooky_von_Koopa
Yoshi in the clouds=Yoshi deconfirmed http://i.imgur.com/22cOC1F.jpg