This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*sigh* that leak is fake guys

#61Majora787Posted 3/28/2014 4:13:31 PM
SuperJoshi07 posted...
Majora787 posted...
Megnoman posted...
That one of palutena. Its a photoshop. A good one. But if you know how to photoshop then u know its fake. Like seriouslyy, we dont know if she is or isnt a playable character, but im 100% certain that the leak with her and mario is fake.

I've actually been wondering about that. If they photoshopped a screenshot together, put it on their 3DS screen, and then took a picture of it, the PHOTOGRAPH would be legitimate. I'm not entirely sure, but it would SEEM that at that point, since the PHOTOGRAPH of the doctored screenshot was legitimate, it would be difficult or impossible to check for photoshopping unless it couldn't look more obvious.

But I mean that's just one of several reasons why this "leak" was always extremely suspicious. Meanwhile, people who believe it use this as "evidence":

1) You can't prove it's 100% beyond a doubt fake, which means it's 100% beyond a doubt real.
2) Nobody would TROLL us by making a FAKE LEAK on the INTERNET.
3) Some BS about how "Saying the leak is real or fake is the same as saying Palutena is or isn't in the game. So it has to be real because Palutena is definitely in the game."

Even though, you know. Palutena COULD be in the game behind Medusa maybe. But if Palutena looked like she was supposed to and not how she does in the leak, it would be pretty apparent that it was probably fake.

I mean sure, there's no way to "prove" it's fake, unless the person who made it says they faked it. Which, mind you, every other person is buying into this like a flock of sheep. Why would he stop it? Ever? OR Palutena is confirmed and doesn't look half-assed like she does in the "leak".

Until then, the leak is "shady as hell" at worst and "kind of suspicious" at best.

NotevenslightlystealthMedusapushingpost.

That's not the point. The main point is, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, what I have bolded above.
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#62BatoideusPosted 3/28/2014 4:14:26 PM
RedAhmed posted...
There is the possibility to use photo forensics. But I'm a bit unfamiliar with it.

I don't think that would actually work. What we're dealing with here is a photograph of a screenshot. The photoforensics thing would tell us that the photograph isn't shopped, which it's most likely not, but it wouldn't say much about the screenshot within the photograph.
#63evosthunderPosted 3/28/2014 4:15:14 PM
Majora787 posted...
I've actually been wondering about that. If they photoshopped a screenshot together, put it on their 3DS screen, and then took a picture of it, the PHOTOGRAPH would be legitimate. I'm not entirely sure, but it would SEEM that at that point, since the PHOTOGRAPH of the doctored screenshot was legitimate, it would be difficult or impossible to check for photoshopping unless it couldn't look more obvious.

But I mean that's just one of several reasons why this "leak" was always extremely suspicious. Meanwhile, people who believe it use this as "evidence":

1) You can't prove it's 100% beyond a doubt fake, which means it's 100% beyond a doubt real.
2) Nobody would TROLL us by making a FAKE LEAK on the INTERNET.
3) Some BS about how "Saying the leak is real or fake is the same as saying Palutena is or isn't in the game. So it has to be real because Palutena is definitely in the game."

Even though, you know. Palutena COULD be in the game behind Medusa maybe. But if Palutena looked like she was supposed to and not how she does in the leak, it would be pretty apparent that it was probably fake.

I mean sure, there's no way to "prove" it's fake, unless the person who made it says they faked it. Which, mind you, every other person is buying into this like a flock of sheep. Why would he stop it? Ever? OR Palutena is confirmed and doesn't look half-assed like she does in the "leak".

Until then, the leak is "shady as hell" at worst and "kind of suspicious" at best.

My sentiments exactly.
---
-Not gaming lately. Focused on amateur art.
-Difficult by nature.
#64MeepleLardiclePosted 3/28/2014 4:19:01 PM
I love people who think Medusa has a much higher chance than Palutena.

Yes, a character who was in only 2/3 games, and was absent for more than half of the 2nd game she was in is going to supercede the character who was in every game in the franchise, the 2nd most important character on top of that, even in the only game with measurable plot (Uprising), and even had a cameo in Brawl, on top of having the exact same franchise named after her in Japan.

Oh yeah, is this also where I point out that the one super-ceding the other is very clearly less popular? Because all evidence points to the fact that she is.

I guess I shouldn't be too confident as stranger things have happened, maybe, but it strikes me as unlikely.

"But Metroid..."

NO! Metroid is not a character like Palutena, it is a race. It is not the same situation like people pretend it is. Palutena's closest analog is Zelda...but it's not like she'll ever be playable!
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#65SuperJoshi07Posted 3/28/2014 4:19:23 PM
Majora787 posted...
SuperJoshi07 posted...

That's not the point. The main point is, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, what I have bolded above.

I agree with you on the bold stuff. Heck I've said as much before. But your other points are strawmanning, and you know it. And the leak doesn't look "shoddy." You are desperately hoping Medusa could be in, so you're pushing down any possibility of Palutena on the grounds that others are wrong because you need to be right.
---
One day, eventually, Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, DK, and Birdo will appear in a main series game again.
#66MeepleLardiclePosted 3/28/2014 4:22:30 PM
Tell me, Majora, and answer me in as objective a way as possible, ruling out any sort of subjective basis:

Why should Medusa be viewed as a higher priority than Palutena?

Bare in mind things like "better design" or "more gameplay potential" are not, in fact, objective. Also "we need more villains" has always, and will always, be a shaky argument (especially since if Sakurai wants more villains, he'd go with much higher profile characters, like a certain purple space dragon or Crocodile Royalty who moonlights sometimes as a pirate or a scientist)

Because every angle I look at supports Palutena way more than Medusa.
---
www.rpgdl.com
#67Majora787Posted 3/28/2014 4:25:40 PM(edited)
SuperJoshi07 posted...
Majora787 posted...
SuperJoshi07 posted...

I agree with you on the bold stuff. Heck I've said as much before. But your other points are strawmanning, and you know it. And the leak doesn't look "shoddy." You are desperately hoping Medusa could be in, so you're pushing down any possibility of Palutena on the grounds that others are wrong because you need to be right.

It's not strawmanning, you're just missing my point. EXTREMELY missing my point.

I am not talking about the general quality of how it looks. I'm talking about all of the details left out on Palutena's model for seemingly no reason. And that's kind of shoddy work to leave out details like that.

And even though this has nothing to do with the conversation, you people keep bringing it up; I don't have to "put" Palutena's chances below Medusa. They are already there. And me saying this leak is probably fake has nothing to do with whether Palutena will be in the game; it has to do with whether or not the leak is fake. ... As should be EXTREMELY obvious with basic reading comprehension.

"The leak is probably fake" = "The leak is probably fake".

"The leak is probably fake" =/= "Palutena won't be in Smash Bros. because of Medusa".

EDIT: Taking out arguments of "importance", "moveset potential", and "moar villinz", that leaves two main components: Contribution to a crossover, general perceived popularity, as well as thematic niches. I'm not going to go into the whole thing here though, but I do have my own reasons that don't have to do with the ones you eliminated.
/
---
I'd take Other M over Super Metroid, Skyward Sword over OoT, FE11 over FE7, and fresh molten crap smeared all over my face over Persona 2. Come at me.
#68MeepleLardiclePosted 3/28/2014 4:28:31 PM(edited)
"The leak is probably fake" =/= "Palutena won't be in Smash Bros. because of Medusa".

But you mentioned the bolded part out of nowhere when there was no reason to bring it up. If you had left that part out entirely, no one would care, so why even bring it up?

If you had said "Personally, I wouldn't mind Palutena getting in but only if Medusa gets in first," then ok, it'd just be expressing an opinion, but your ACTUAL WORDS were:

You express that for Palutena to get in the game, Medusa needs to get in first, and then it's only a maybe.

No matter how you slice it, you made a statement that gave away you thinking Medusa > Palutena on the pecking order for KI reps, in a post that had absolutely nothing to do with Medusa. If you just kept it at "The leak being fake doesn't prevent Palutena from being playable of course; she's still possible" then again, no one would bat an eye, but you needlessly shoe-horned in the Medusa comment.
---
www.rpgdl.com
#69DasDavidPosted 3/28/2014 4:30:22 PM(edited)
The only things that need to be said about this have been. No reason to keep drudging it back up.

1.) No "leak" of this quality has ever ended up being fake.

2.) Nobody claiming that it's "just a really REALLY good Photoshop" has been able to provide a Photoshop of this level of "debunk resistance."

3.) Literally all "evidence" to suggest it's fake has been either debunked by comparing it to legit pics from the game, contained logical lapses (such as "Anyone with enough skill and time could make that shop, but also it's shoddy work so obviously it's not that good even though I just said only a skilled individual could make this happen"), or has been subjective (such as, "it doesn't look right/how she should/etc.")

4.) That said, it is still a "leak," and no one should assume that the absence of legitimate evidence to suggest it's fake means it's automatically real, just that you personally believe it.

5.) NO ONE CAN SAY WITH 100% CERTAINTY THAT IT IS EITHER FAKE OR REAL. Stop thinking you've somehow figured it out. There's a reason we (mostly) stopped talking about it. It's inconclusive so to subscribe to either theory is not wrong in any way. To pretend you have enough evidence on your side to claim that people should change their minds is.
---
3DS FC: 4699 6325 1681
SSB4 Current Wanted Roster: http://imgur.com/hNP6sKj
#70SmashingBrosPosted 3/28/2014 4:29:43 PM
MeepleLardicle posted...

But you mentioned the bolded part out of nowhere when there was no reason to bring it up. If you had left that part out entirely, no one would care, so why even bring it up?

If you had said "Personally, I wouldn't mind Palutena getting in but only if Medusa gets in first," then ok, it'd just be expressing an opinion, but your ACTUAL WORDS were:

You express that for Palutena to get in the game, Medusa needs to get in first, and then it's only a maybe.

No matter how you slice it, you made a statement that gave away you thinking Medusa > Palutena on the pecking order for KI reps, in a post that had absolutely nothing to do with Medusa. If you just kept it at "The leak being fake doesn't prevent Palutena from being playable of course; she's still possible" then again, no one would bat an eye, but you needlessly shoe-horned in the Medusa comment.

To be fair, that really wasn't a secret. He's clearly shown bias towards Medusa many times before.
---
RESPECT THE FISH. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m34pujQLe81qbs0m8o1_1280.png