This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of my roster and dream changes?

#1harvthamarvPosted 3/28/2014 3:32:40 PM(edited)
Feel free to bash or praise at your own free will.

This was supposed to be a reasonable roster at first. But the alternate costumes idea got a bit out of hand, I just thought it would be an easy way to appease nearly everybody but still be doable within reason.

Cuts:
Pokemon Trainer - Only Charizard remains as a solo character.
Zero Suit Samus

Returns:
Mewtwo

Newcomers:
*Rosalina
*Wii Fit Trainer
*Mega man
*Little Mac
*Villager
Ridley
Palutena
Lip
Isaac
Ephraim - Bit different to the lords we currently have. Unlikely I know, but I can dream.
Kalos Trainer - Trainer is Selena - Pokes are Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja.
King K.Rool
Chibi-Robo

Notable Assists:
Dixie - Too many playable kongs otherwise in my opinion. inb4buttoomanyswordsmenetc
Roy
Shulk

Changes and other things:

Ganondorf fully decloned and has a sorcery/brawler based moved set now. Down B equips Sword of Sages which changes his A moves. Controllable Ganon FS.

Luigi has new Poltergust down B

Falco further luigified. Uses dual blasters and has an Arwing FS.

Wolf has a Wolfen FS

Toon link a new FS where the overweight Outset Island pigs drop from the top of the stage. Toon Link can then use the Wind Waker to control the wind to blow them around into people. Lot of loud oinking.

Bowser has Clown Car FS.

Snake based off of Twin Snakes appearance, better suiting SSB4's colourful yet more retro feel. Moveset not quite as explosive heavy. David Hayter voices.

Olimar has also Rock and Winged Pikmin at his disposal. Very occasionally pulls Bulbmin up too, they are tons stronger.

Seeing as Wario and Wii Fit Trainer showed that alternate costumes are quite possible.... Alts!:

Marth has a fully voiced Lucina alt to represent Awakening without taking up a space. Announcer recognises this change.

Ike has a full Chrom alt for the same reasons above.

Samus - proper Fusion suit alt & separate helmetless alt to make up for lack of ZSS

Fox - Sunglasses alt ala James Mcloud/Expert mode on Lylat Wars. (Personal want)

Mario - Doctor Mario alt

Selena - Calem alt. (Voiced)

Toon Link - WW Pyjamas alt

Ganondorf - OoT alt

(Bit of a joke) Sandbag - Tingle alt - Screams in pain when you hit him. :)

--------------------

Opinions?
---
"Essflawcondodgeckindesimudstorliketersockity"
#2Ravio_YoPosted 3/28/2014 3:32:12 PM
This is just

just

AWESOME
#3_Sanaki_Posted 3/28/2014 3:32:17 PM
Really, aside from the cuts, I'm not really against this.
---
A tactical RP about Nintendo franchises: http://s3.zetaboards.com/mushroom_kingdom_war/index/
#4Kyvos64Posted 3/28/2014 3:38:31 PM(edited)
Oh god why
EDIT: Okay, that was a little premature.

Pros:
+Ridley
+K. Rool
+Chibi-Robo
+Isaac
+Lucina

Cons:
-Kalos Trainer
-Charizard alone
-No ZSS
-Snake
-Ephraim
-Wolf
-Jigglypuff
---
Self-proclaimed Non-Specific Action Figure of the SSBU boards
#5Doug314Posted 3/28/2014 3:33:53 PM
It would very good except the Ephraim and Pokemon Trainer changes you made I'd think were horrible but the rest is nice.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!
#6ToastyPuddingPosted 3/28/2014 3:37:59 PM
Totally fine with Charizard solo, it's the way it should be.

*Rosalina
*Wii Fit Trainer
*Mega man
*Little Mac
*Villager
Ridley Yes, he should have been in since Melee, especially with the opening tease.
Palutena Fine.
Lip Good retro.
Isaac Fine, one of the more notable unrepped franchises.
Ephraim - Bit different to the lords we currently have. Unlikely I know, but I can dream. You already acknowledged the problem.
Kalos Trainer - Trainer is Selena - Pokes are Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja. Against. Even less meaningful pokemon shouldn't replace the original starters.
King K.Rool Odd over Dixie but not that I'm complaining.
Chibi-Robo I personally think he's more made to be an assist trophy, but fine.
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.
#7harvthamarv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 3:48:56 PM(edited)
Thanks for the feedback.

I appreciate that Ephraim is a bit out of the blue, (see what I did there?) but I guess everyone has their personal unlikely wants, and he's mine.

I only cut ZSS because I felt like that amount of newcomers and changes made couldnt be made without some sacrifice. And personally I felt playing as ZSS in Brawl just felt a bit.. odd, I dont really know why.

Only reduced Pokemon Trainer because everyone knows Charizard is the only one anybody likes to use haha!

K.Rool over Dixie because DK needs Villain repping, and K.Rool is way overdue IMO.

Considered cutting Jiggs aswell, but she's one of the original 12, and with the PT changes it seemed a bit like hate on Pokemon day.
---
#8_Sanaki_Posted 3/28/2014 3:48:08 PM
You already established this as a dream roster, and I like playing as Zero Suit Samus and Ivysaur. I like the whip fighting style.
---
A tactical RP about Nintendo franchises: http://s3.zetaboards.com/mushroom_kingdom_war/index/
#9harvthamarv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 3:49:58 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
You already established this as a dream roster, and I like playing as Zero Suit Samus and Ivysaur. I like the whip fighting style.

Fair enough. I just felt I needed to elaborate a little.
---
#10_Sanaki_Posted 3/28/2014 3:51:03 PM
I just mostly object to cuts in general though. Even if it was, say, Donkey Kong (whom I never play), I'd still want him in for his fans. But I do actually play as the characters you cut (Charizard is fun).
---