This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you like a Smash original character that becomes a new Zelda character?

#1Toritsuki77Posted 3/30/2014 4:24:15 AM
Like how Waluigi was made for Mario Tennis but he's still a Mario character. What if they created a new character for the Zelda universe for Smash. Like a goron or zora and then that character shows up in all the new Zelda games after that.
---
Plot twist!
#2ToastyPuddingPosted 3/30/2014 4:28:47 AM
No. Zelda has plenty available already and literally making an 'important' character for the series is stupid. Remember the backlash for SSE? where everything was original? Imagine the backlash when an original character gets made for an already established series getting in the way of actual characters from that series.

However, I don't think there would be any problem with a 'new design', similar to how Sheik used her 'not technically real but proposed' design for Twilight Princess. Maybe if someone like Impa or Tingle got a new design to fit with the TP ones, that would be fine.
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.
#3ToastyPuddingPosted 3/30/2014 4:31:01 AM
Also, it's not the same as Waluigi. Waluigi was actually born in his own series (even if it was for a sad reason like roster filler), inventing a OC for Smash, a celebration of Nintendo's history, is a bad move.
---
#4Toritsuki77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 4:35:20 AM
Sure there would be some outrage but what if the character turns out great? For a lot of people Marth and Roy were new characters for them and people loved them and then the Fire Emblem games released in America with huge success.

But maybe if not Zelda what about a new Ice Climber character and then Nintendo could reboot Ice Climber with the new character in it.
---
Plot twist!
#5ToastyPuddingPosted 3/30/2014 4:42:11 AM
Toritsuki77 posted...
Sure there would be some outrage but what if the character turns out great? For a lot of people Marth and Roy were new characters for them and people loved them and then the Fire Emblem games released in America with huge success.

But maybe if not Zelda what about a new Ice Climber character and then Nintendo could reboot Ice Climber with the new character in it.

Zelda has characters who are much more prominent in the series lore and games. It's not really the same with FE which costantly has one-off archetype characters that are usually never used again.

If they're going to go to the effort of adding a new character, just redesign and remake a forgotten retro rep, there's plenty. That way, you revive a forgotten series, add a potentially more unique character and don't tack on to an already established series.
---