Entire Roster known via early 3DS release

#1Mrpenguin454Posted 4/8/2014 4:04:58 PM
So this is kind of upsetting to me. I understand that they want to ensure the fairness of the differing version of the game. But, clearly the Wii U is able to handle way more than the 3DS can, so why not maximize what it's capable of?

Not only this, but the main reason for the topic. By the time we finally get our hands on the Wii U version, we will know the entire roster. What is going to be exciting about secret characters and such when we already know everything there is to know from the game we get months before?

Idk, pretty bad call imo.
---
Deadpool to Servbot "LEGO called they want their promo back"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n32L5-LuGYA
#2tech12345Posted 4/8/2014 4:07:09 PM
I see it as a ploy to sell more 3ds. They probably thought if you had to choose one it would be wii u version. I know I would. This will force us to buy the 3ds version and they know it.

But overall a bad call. It will hurt wii u sales.
---
Optimus Prime for SSBWiiU
#3nonexistingheroPosted 4/8/2014 4:08:00 PM
Maybe they will release the Wii U version with a few more characters and release them as (perhaps free) DLC for the 3DS version.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4uberking422Posted 4/8/2014 4:08:29 PM
Or they have other plans for the console version that will take time to do justice, and you're all a bunch of ingrates for not considering this.
#5GuerillaGorillaPosted 4/8/2014 4:09:38 PM
tech12345 posted...
I see it as a ploy to sell more 3ds. They probably thought if you had to choose one it would be wii u version. I know I would. This will force us to buy the 3ds version and they know it.

This is what I thought.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631
#6DaveridsPosted 4/8/2014 4:10:28 PM
tech12345 posted...

...Wii U has sales?
---
Changing this when Golden Sun 4 comes out. Started 11/15/10
#7smashman92Posted 4/8/2014 4:10:35 PM
I was completely surprised by the announcement that the 3DS version would release first, but at least we will know all of the characteres by the end of summer
---
CHARIZARD for SSB4
#8The_Undying_84Posted 4/8/2014 4:12:27 PM
Daverids posted...
tech12345 posted...

...Wii U has sales?

It would if people had to buy it to play Smash.

But I don't really mind this, because it's looking like I won't buy the game, and the 3DS release can confirm that and then I don't have to care about it any more.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#9Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 4/8/2014 4:15:09 PM
To me, the fact that the WiiU version will receive extra dev time suggests that it will have more content, so it could end up have a larger roster.

Besides, keep in mind that Nintendo Network/eShop supports patches, so there's always a possibility that both versions could have more challengers patched in after the games have launched.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#10SuperSonicDBZPosted 4/8/2014 4:16:43 PM
smashman92 posted...
I was completely surprised by the announcement that the 3DS version would release first, but at least we will know all of the characteres by the end of summer

This is what I am okay with. There will be no surprises when it's time to pay $60 for the Wii U version.
---
An angry fanbase while loud and upset, is still a fanbase; a content fanbase is a quiet one... and also non-existent. So when fans are at their loudest: listen.