Shulk
Palutena
Chrom
Chrous Men
King K. Rool
Takamaru
Mewtwo

CUTS:
Squirtle, Ivysaur (maybe more? i don't know)

We know the roster already...
---
3DS FC: 2208-5387-4927
#2jayman7Posted 4/8/2014 11:03:02 PM(edited)
Why do all these people suggest that Mewtwo is a "newcomer"? Did they just sleep through Melee or something?

Anyway, I don't trust the leaks. No, not even that one, not entirely. We have six confirmed newcomers, no more.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3AIien803(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 11:05:46 PM
jayman7 posted...
Why do all these people suggest that Mewtwo is a "newcomer"? Did they just sleep through Melee or something?

Anyway, I don't trust the leaks. No, not even that one, not entirely. We have six confirmed newcomers, no more.

He predicted Wii Fit trainer, Villager and Megaman appearing at e3. He was a little off with Mii, Pac-Man and Little Mac, but today should've removed any doubt you had about this guy being legit. Nobody anywhere ever thought Wii Fit Trainer would be in. Plus, Sal Romano, the guy who the leaker emails when he wants to leak, runs a gaming website, he's not just some random dude off the street.
---
#4KurtExpressPosted 4/8/2014 11:06:35 PM
That's a lot of newcomers, 15 :O
In a 48 roster that would mean there's need to be 4 cuts.
Anyways. WFT, LM, Villager, RosalinaLuma, Megaman and Greninja are all confirmed so moving past those.
Pac-Man. meh.
Miii. Ok.
Shulk. I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen he's cool.
Yes to Palutena. I'd prefer Robin over Chrom.
Who are the Chorus men?
King K. Rool. Okkk
Takamaru would remind me of Greninja XD
Mewtwo isn't a newcomer, he'd take up Jiggly's spot, so this is 14 newcomers, 4 cuts, 1 replacement.

I am disappointed by no Isaac.
---
Official Wii Fit Trainer of Super Smash Bros Survivor.
#5jayman7Posted 4/8/2014 11:09:16 PM
Why would today remove any doubt? Because he suggested we would get "a Pokemon X/Y character"? He didn't specify which one; there were technically around 70 options. If he said "Greninja" that would be one thing. He didn't.

If that chorus character gets in, then I might start taking him seriously. Right now? Wii Fit Trainer is really the only thing he got right that lots of other people weren't predicting. Mildly interesting, but it's just one thing.
---
#6DaisyfanboyPosted 4/8/2014 11:15:40 PM
jayman7 posted...
Why would today remove any doubt? Because he suggested we would get "a Pokemon X/Y character"? He didn't specify which one; there were technically around 70 options. If he said "Greninja" that would be one thing. He didn't.

If that chorus character gets in, then I might start taking him seriously. Right now? Wii Fit Trainer is really the only thing he got right that lots of other people weren't predicting. Mildly interesting, but it's just one thing.

IMO predicting the WFT and Villager is less of a coincidence than characters getting revealed on "anniversaries".
---
"Daaaaamn, Jerry! You fell in the creek for a burrito!? What would you do for a Klondike bar, kill your wife?"
#7jayman7Posted 4/8/2014 11:17:12 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...
jayman7 posted...

IMO predicting the WFT and Villager is less of a coincidence than characters getting revealed on "anniversaries".

Lucario getting revealed for an anniversary can't be coincidence; it was outright stated by Sakurai. Peach? Eh, it could be a coincidence, but a 1-in-365 shot? Pretty suspicious.

No one else was released on an anniversary AFAIK.
---
#8AIien803(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 11:18:02 PM
jayman7 posted...

You forget that Villager was thought of very badly, too. Most people thought Tom Nook would be playable if Animal Crossing got a new character. But most people didn't think Animal Crossing would even get a fighter because Sakurai himself said it couldn't happen. It might not mean much, but I once asked 70 people which ten characters they think are likeliest to get into Smash, and not a single person put Villager on their list. Not one. There's also the fact that this wasn't actually a prediction, it was a leak disguised as a prediction because Sal, who got the E-mail, didn't want to post something on his website that might not be true. How many people go around E-mailing the heads of gaming websites, pretending to know insider information? I don't think many people do that. It was a real leak.
---
#9sterlingtygerPosted 4/8/2014 11:20:27 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...
jayman7 posted...

Just wanted to compliment you on your Parks & Rec signature.
#10DaisyfanboyPosted 4/8/2014 11:25:53 PM
jayman7 posted...
Daisyfanboy posted...
jayman7 posted...

Lucario getting revealed for an anniversary can't be coincidence; it was outright stated by Sakurai. Peach? Eh, it could be a coincidence, but a 1-in-365 shot? Pretty suspicious.

No one else was released on an anniversary AFAIK.

Oh yeah Lucario definitely was.

But people saying Peach and Mac were? No.
---
"Daaaaamn, Jerry! You fell in the creek for a burrito!? What would you do for a Klondike bar, kill your wife?"