Funny thing about Greninja

#11TeXaS_PiEPosted 4/11/2014 4:30:08 PM
I'm usually a fan of Japanese names because saying them like a stereotype is pretty damned fun.

*is shot for being a douche*
---
http://i.imgur.com/zyaSQDr.gif -- http://i.imgur.com/ojZuhpq.gif
#12sterlingtygerPosted 4/11/2014 4:31:07 PM
I like Amphinobi (Amphibian Shinobi!) a lot.
#136bananzaPosted 4/11/2014 4:32:17 PM
Surprising lack of Quajutsu
---
3DS FC: 1547-5680-6487 PM if you add me Friend Safari: Fire, Pansear, Charmeleon, Braixen. I also Wanna be the very best, like no one ever was! OGPC ID: 00042!
#14splashinkarpPosted 4/11/2014 4:38:26 PM
schmete posted...
splashinkarp posted...
The one I can pronounce easily in my native language, Greninja.

Only the Korean name seems moderately difficult to pronounce in English, presuming that is your native language.

Not really given there are different syllables for different letters. For example, in Spanish two L's together make a "ya" sound, compared to English where it retains it's L sound.

For example: Ella. In English it says E L L A. Just like the alphabet. In Spanish it's AE YA, basically.

As I am not familiar with other languages other than Spanish (high school level) and some slight Japanese (elementary level at best, stupid high school making me take it). I don't know how to pronounce or say those other names without looking it up.
#15AuraWielderPosted 4/11/2014 4:39:20 PM
TeXaS_PiE posted...
I'm usually a fan of Japanese names because saying them like a stereotype is pretty damned fun.

No, no.
You're not the only one who likes to pretend talking like a horribly racist Japanese stereotype.
SUPA SMASHA BRUDDAS!
POKEMONU X-U AND Y-U!
...I am horrible.
---
Happily waiting for the fan-made game Mother 4 to be released.
"OMG! GRENINJA! GRENINJA! GRENINJA!" - Me, fanboying after his SSB4 reveal.
#16ViewtifulGenePosted 4/11/2014 4:39:57 PM
That's odd how the English name uses French and the French name uses English.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Falcon Pope of the Church of Captain Falcon for the SSB4 board.
#17quinfordmacPosted 4/11/2014 4:50:26 PM
TeXaS_PiE posted...

I thought I was the only one who talks like Iwata speaking Engrish. -is also shot-
---
Trust me and we will escape from the city!
Just call me Quin
#18GreninjaPosted 4/11/2014 4:50:56 PM
It's a good name.
---
*makes a splash*