Sakurai knows it's the obvious choice and Pacman might not be our Namco rep

#1fable_madPosted 4/25/2014 3:46:57 PM
I mean, do you see all these fake rosters you guys are posting? How, since they announced Smash was developed alongside Namco, people have been saying the new Namco rep would be Pac-Man?

I'm just taking the Greninja trailer here, and how Sakurai likes to surprise fans. He stated himself that he wanted to bring characters that would surprise fan. He's not stupid, he knows everybody is waiting for that Pac-Man announcement. Adding to that, he likes to play the: I'm a huge troll" card.

And that, my friends, is pretty much why I think we will get a huge surprise at E3 that is not Pac-Man. Note that I'm ready to admit I'm wrong, but this time around I'm pretty damn sure that he's not in the game.

Prepare yourselves, Lloyd or Naruto incoming(just joking but still better choices than Pac-Man)
---
Masahiro Sakurai in person
#2NicoRobin007Posted 4/25/2014 3:50:07 PM
I like how having like one surprise character per entry translates into every character will be a surprise. What about the 40+ characters that weren't surprises?
#3fable_mad(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 3:52:35 PM
NicoRobin007 posted...
I like how having like one surprise character per entry translates into every character will be a surprise. What about the 40+ characters that weren't surprises?

Implying ROB, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Toon Link, Little Mac, WFT, Megaman, Villager...(all the newcomers since Melee) weren't surprises. Lol sike
---
Masahiro Sakurai in person
#4Kyvos64Posted 4/25/2014 3:53:07 PM
Yes, Sakurai likes surprising us. But his primary concern is the game itself. Good decisions take priority over shocking decisions.
---
Self-proclaimed Non-Specific Action Figure of the SSBU boards
#5NicoRobin007Posted 4/25/2014 3:54:20 PM
fable_mad posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...

Implying ROB, Pokemon Trainer, Wolf, Toon Link, Little Mac, WFT, Megaman, Villager...(all the newcomers since Melee) weren't surprises. Lol sike

Megaman, Little Mac, Wolf, and Villager weren't surprises. They are expected characters from popular series. The other four are. I'd also throw out Pit, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and Greninja as surprises, but again I ask...what about the 40+ that WEREN'T surprises?
#6Flame552Posted 4/25/2014 3:55:02 PM
fable_mad posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...

I'd say all the returning characters in Brawl weren't surprises, along with King Dedede, Metaknight, and Wario.

Granted, Brawl only had 39 characters, so I'm not sure where he got 40+ from.
#7BiggerRidIeyPosted 4/25/2014 3:55:32 PM
NicoRobin007 posted...
fable_mad posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...

Megaman, Little Mac, Wolf, and Villager weren't surprises. They are expected characters from popular series. The other four are. I'd also throw out Pit, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, and Greninja as surprises, but again I ask...what about the 40+ that WEREN'T surprises?

Hindsight is fantastic.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
Giraffe Ridley for Smash! http://tinyurl.com/pzpgwnh People who agree: 2,769
#8NicoRobin007Posted 4/25/2014 3:56:02 PM
Flame552 posted...
fable_mad posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...

I'd say all the returning characters in Brawl weren't surprises, along with King Dedede, Metaknight, and Wario.

Granted, Brawl only had 39 characters, so I'm not sure where he got 40+ from.

Melee cuts, 4/5 newcomers...
#9Waluigi7Posted 4/25/2014 3:57:00 PM
I don't think we'll even get a Namco rep
---
The Beatles for SSB4! Gandhi for Mario Kart 8!
Officialy dating Nana of Ice Climber fame
#10ToologistPosted 4/25/2014 3:58:00 PM
BiggerRidIey posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...
fable_mad posted...
NicoRobin007 posted...

Hindsight is fantastic.

This.
---
Honorable U.S. Navy veteran! 9/25/2007-11/24/2011
https://soundcloud.com/nikotiapula Check out my music if you want. :)