Think the tournament nuts will lay off of Nintendo for a while now?

#1uberking422Posted 4/29/2014 10:41:50 AM
Wishful thinking, but one can hope.
#2TriforceformerPosted 4/29/2014 10:42:50 AM
The "tournament nuts" will probably be even more on Nintendo's back, now that they're getting Nintnedo's blessing at first glance.

Unless the tourney is all items Palutena's Temple only.
---
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas
#3PhantasmShotPosted 4/29/2014 10:42:58 AM
What are the tournament nuts on SmashBoards saying?
---
"Lightning Returns is still better than Bravely Default so no." - User 'furygods'
3DS FC: 3136-6746-8956. PM me if you add me
#4Arne83Posted 4/29/2014 10:43:46 AM
No. They've already been complaining about how For Glory mode should use Battlefield instead of FD.
---
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#5IAmMC2Posted 4/29/2014 10:45:37 AM
Depends what you mean by lay off.

If you mean not criticize them, they probably will do that until they actually play the game and determine if it's better than Brawl.

If you mean drop the game, they might do that if the game is like Brawl. If it's not they'll probably keep playing it for a long time.
---
Play Relius, and turn whiffs and poor execution into dreams and sunshine. -Myoro
http://www.youtube.com/profile_redirector/105774493003541456474
#6User728Posted 4/29/2014 10:46:01 AM
Arne83 posted...
No. They've already been complaining about how For Glory mode should use Battlefield instead of FD.

Wrong. Competitive players want a variety of stages that have platforms (and also FD which doesn't). We just don't want stage hazards. All Sakurai did was turn every stage into FD which is stupid. We want variety with no hazards. It's that simple.
#7Champion_KypPosted 4/29/2014 10:48:14 AM
I still don't get the Final Destination hate. I've been to a ton of Melee tournaments and "fun gatherings," and we never played on a different stage. Plus if someone happened to pick any other stage and beat the "hardcore crowd," it didn't even count because stage hazards aren't fair.

Pissed me off, I stopped going.
---
Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. ~~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
#8Arne83Posted 4/29/2014 10:50:23 AM
User728 posted...
Arne83 posted...

Wrong. Competitive players want a variety of stages that have platforms (and also FD which doesn't). We just don't want stage hazards. All Sakurai did was turn every stage into FD which is stupid. We want variety with no hazards. It's that simple.

No... right. That is exactly what I have been seeing people complaining about. That exact thing... how it should of been Battlefield instead of FD.
---
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#9uberking422(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 10:50:50 AM
IAmMC2 posted...
Depends what you mean by lay off.

If you mean not criticize them, they probably will do that until they actually play the game and determine if it's better than Brawl.

If you mean drop the game, they might do that if the game is like Brawl. If it's not they'll probably keep playing it for a long time.

"Lay off" as in not act like Nintendo ****ed their mother and **** on their lawn because of the brief disagreement over Melee at that one fighting game dealie, and the perception that Sakurai hates them.
#10TriforceformerPosted 4/29/2014 10:52:28 AM
Arne83 posted...
User728 posted...
Arne83 posted...

No... right. That is exactly what I have been seeing people complaining about. That exact thing... how it should of been Battlefield instead of FD.

How it should be all stages with platforms but no hazards. Battlefield is the most common suggestion for FG because you could add platforms to the already implemented FD stages for at least a LITTLE variety. No one likes playing on one stage all day erryday.
---
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas