This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I Understand You Guys Don't Want Your Mains To Get Cut, But...

#1ShiniOfMadnessPosted 5/10/2014 12:34:04 PM
... Acting like they have absolutely no chance of being cut is quite ignorant...

For instance, often when people bring up Ike, Lucas, Wolf, or Snake getting cut, people act as if there is no possible way of it happening, and I just don't see how. Obviously, those characters have a higher chance of being cut than most of the other characters, and to think that they absolutely won't be is just... not right. I understand you want to keep them, and I don't blame you, I want them to stay too, but you've got to understand that there are no doubt going to be a couple cuts...

For example, one of my mains is R.O.B.

Do I want him to get cut? Absolutely not.
Will I concede that he has a chance of being cut? Of course, because he does.

I mean, wanting your main back is understandable, but quit acting like it's a sure thing that they'll be back just to assure yourself, because it may end in disappointment.
---
Hora Hora Hora~
Chibi-Robo For Smash!~
#2Seb_RamorayPosted 5/10/2014 12:35:33 PM
Seriously, besides Snake, Squirt and Ivy, most characters won't get cut for either being important or unique.
---
Some mountains are scaled. Other are slain.
THE HYPE IS REAL -- Ruby and Sapphire Remakes Confirmed. #SebIsBack
#3Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 5/10/2014 12:35:41 PM
Yeah, I know. I realize that Jigglypuff has a fair chance of getting cut....;_;
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#4LordCarlislePosted 5/10/2014 12:36:01 PM
True, though Lucas, Ike, Snake, and Wolf all have a higher chance of being cut than R.O.B.
---
"An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support." -- John Buchan
I am the leading Ghirahim supporter around these boards.
#5TopHattedTroopaPosted 5/10/2014 12:36:48 PM
So...I need to think Game & Watch and Falcon have a chance of getting cut?

Fine, but it's in the negatives.
---
Official Professor Layton of the SSBU Board, Official Toon Link of the Hyrule Warriors Board.
Gonna main Mega Man in SSB4.
#6reaverzPosted 5/10/2014 12:38:08 PM
Well, at least ROB is no longer considered the super likely cut that he isn't. For Brawl, it took until the release of the game for people to stop insisting that Mr. G&W would be excluded. I'm actually a bit surprised at the sudden shift towards Snake, Ike, Lucas, and Wolf.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7Nicholas2222Posted 5/10/2014 12:38:27 PM
There's a chance anyone could be cut, even the ones that seem like shoo-ins.
I don't think it's likely we'll get many cuts outside of Ivy and Squirt (Ivy being my main) and obviously Snake's up in the air too, but the possibility of it happening is very real.

We can speculate all we want, and I love speculation, but simply declaring something will happen like it's fact is juvenile.
---
Currently not doing much.
#8ShiniOfMadness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 12:39:10 PM
LordCarlisle posted...
True, though Lucas, Ike, Snake, and Wolf all have a higher chance of being cut than R.O.B.

Maybe so, but I only have 3 Mains remaining that haven't been announced (R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers) and out of them, R.O.B. had the highest chance of getting the chopping block.
---
Hora Hora Hora~
Chibi-Robo For Smash!~
#9Waluigi7Posted 5/10/2014 12:40:52 PM
ROB and Jigglypuff aren't getting cut.
---
The Beatles for SSB4!
Nana from Ice Climber is my waifu
#10ShiniOfMadness(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 12:41:04 PM
TopHattedTroopa posted...
So...I need to think Game & Watch and Falcon have a chance of getting cut?

Fine, but it's in the negatives.

No, I'm not saying anyone should think people are getting cut, not at all.
I'm saying that thinking that your favorite unannounced character is going to be in 100% no doubt is risky, more or less.
---
Hora Hora Hora~
Chibi-Robo For Smash!~