This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did people really want Little Mac & Isaac during the pre-Melee days?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Did people really want Little Mac & Isaac during the pre-Melee days?
2 years ago#21
sisamiller posted...
I remember king k rool was highly requested on melee and brawl hopefully he is in for both 3DS and Wii U versions ^_^

If not then I lose hope for this game.
Created 8/9/2013
This sig will not change until Capcom vs. SNK 3 is announced!
2 years ago#22
Flamemaster96 posted...
sisamiller posted...
I remember king k rool was highly requested on melee and brawl hopefully he is in for both 3DS and Wii U versions ^_^

If not then I lose hope for this game.

K. Rool's support didn't really take off until after Diddy was confirmed, and by then it was too late. Here's hoping he's added this time.
Unfriendly neighborhood curmudgeon
2 years ago#23
I wanted Little Mac and Isaac in Brawl.

For Melee, I didn't even have time to consider a roster. It was announced, I saw Link and Sheik, and that was it.

Despite being a Nintendo fan, I literally only played Pokemon and Zelda for the most part. I had played Punch Out and everything on NES and a few on N64, but I was just a Zelda guy, so I didn't 'want' anyone in Melee other than Link, Sheik, Ganondorf and maybe Skull Kid.
~ Everyday's Great at your Junes ~
Gamertag: MoldyClay87 ;; NNID: frothyjazz54
2 years ago#24
I remember back then I didn't quite grasp the concept of a fighting game with Nintendo all stars, so I was hoping Melee would include the likes of Sailor Moon and Harry Potter.
"What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord? .......My ass."
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png | 3DS FC: 3695-0189-8969
2 years ago#25
I admit, back when the first Super Smash Bros. game was out, I just simply thought about the idea of Little Mac being in because he's a Nintendo character. I didn't have any desire to see him in or anything. It was just one of those fun ideas when you go "Hey, he or she is a Nintendo character so they can work". Back then, I didn't really have any demand for certain characters (though I was surprised at no Banjo & Kazooie). I was just eagerly waiting for the sequel to see what it brings.

I didn't start thinking about it again until long after I bought Melee and unlocked everything. When I saw all those trophies of those retro NES characters I grew up on (such as the Ducks from Duck Hunt and Excitebike), I was surprised and disappointed when I realized that there was no trophy of Little Mac. I mean, you had Pit, Stanley, Mach Rider, Ducks, Excitebike, and Bubbles but not Little Mac? Seemed like a very obvious choice for a "Nintendo Museum". So I didn't have as much of a problem with him not being playable as I did with him not even having a trophy appearance at least.

After playing Punch-Out!! on Animal Crossing and Super Punch-Out!! on Fight Night Round 2 (years after I last played them on the NES and SNES respectively), I came from just wanting Little Mac to make an appearance to wanting him to be a playable.

As for Isaac, well even though I never played the Golden Sun games, I have heard about them and read up on the characters. Being from an RPG, I thought Isaac would make a good Smash Bros. character if Link, Marth, and Roy could. In fact, I thought he'd surely get in Brawl as a playable character so I was little surprise he was just an assist trophy. Still, I can't call myself a supporter if I never played any of those games but I think he'd be great if he was playable.
Pac-Man for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Did people really want Little Mac & Isaac during the pre-Melee days?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived