Did people really want Little Mac & Isaac during the pre-Melee days?

#21Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 7:08:30 PM
sisamiller posted...
I remember king k rool was highly requested on melee and brawl hopefully he is in for both 3DS and Wii U versions ^_^

If not then I lose hope for this game.
---
Created 8/9/2013
This sig will not change until Capcom vs. SNK 3 is announced!
#22CanyouGuessPosted 5/12/2014 7:10:43 PM
Flamemaster96 posted...
sisamiller posted...
I remember king k rool was highly requested on melee and brawl hopefully he is in for both 3DS and Wii U versions ^_^

If not then I lose hope for this game.

K. Rool's support didn't really take off until after Diddy was confirmed, and by then it was too late. Here's hoping he's added this time.
---
Unfriendly neighborhood curmudgeon
#23Mr StickPosted 5/12/2014 7:17:00 PM
I wanted Little Mac and Isaac in Brawl.

For Melee, I didn't even have time to consider a roster. It was announced, I saw Link and Sheik, and that was it.

Despite being a Nintendo fan, I literally only played Pokemon and Zelda for the most part. I had played Punch Out and everything on NES and a few on N64, but I was just a Zelda guy, so I didn't 'want' anyone in Melee other than Link, Sheik, Ganondorf and maybe Skull Kid.
---
~ Everyday's Great at your Junes ~
Gamertag: MoldyClay87 ;; NNID: frothyjazz54
#24HeyWheresKelPosted 5/12/2014 7:32:56 PM
I remember back then I didn't quite grasp the concept of a fighting game with Nintendo all stars, so I was hoping Melee would include the likes of Sailor Moon and Harry Potter.
---
"What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord? .......My ass."
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png | 3DS FC: 3695-0189-8969
#25SSBR10Posted 5/12/2014 7:50:44 PM(edited)
I admit, back when the first Super Smash Bros. game was out, I just simply thought about the idea of Little Mac being in because he's a Nintendo character. I didn't have any desire to see him in or anything. It was just one of those fun ideas when you go "Hey, he or she is a Nintendo character so they can work". Back then, I didn't really have any demand for certain characters (though I was surprised at no Banjo & Kazooie). I was just eagerly waiting for the sequel to see what it brings.

I didn't start thinking about it again until long after I bought Melee and unlocked everything. When I saw all those trophies of those retro NES characters I grew up on (such as the Ducks from Duck Hunt and Excitebike), I was surprised and disappointed when I realized that there was no trophy of Little Mac. I mean, you had Pit, Stanley, Mach Rider, Ducks, Excitebike, and Bubbles but not Little Mac? Seemed like a very obvious choice for a "Nintendo Museum". So I didn't have as much of a problem with him not being playable as I did with him not even having a trophy appearance at least.

After playing Punch-Out!! on Animal Crossing and Super Punch-Out!! on Fight Night Round 2 (years after I last played them on the NES and SNES respectively), I came from just wanting Little Mac to make an appearance to wanting him to be a playable.

As for Isaac, well even though I never played the Golden Sun games, I have heard about them and read up on the characters. Being from an RPG, I thought Isaac would make a good Smash Bros. character if Link, Marth, and Roy could. In fact, I thought he'd surely get in Brawl as a playable character so I was little surprise he was just an assist trophy. Still, I can't call myself a supporter if I never played any of those games but I think he'd be great if he was playable.
---
Pac-Man for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please