This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come none of Mega Man's moves in Smash come from Mega Man 9 or 10?

#11EngineR2Posted 5/13/2014 6:19:41 AM(edited)
*Just hope that Rush Charge can give you a bunch of life energy capsules, or a Yashichi from Rush Question/Item to refill your life and weapon energy completely. Don't use both of these for one Wily form, unless you are good enough to save them both for the Wily Capsule phase. If Rush just falls asleep on calling him, well...

*If you haven't used this already, Flame Sword will close the mouth of the Wily Machine every time it opens up to fire.

*For Wily Capsule, Sliding is your friend. Remember, the orbs will follow you wherever you go. Use this to your advantage, and lead them to an area you can quickly slide away from. Spare extra and Super Recover may have helped you here, but do you have enough bolts for the both of them?
---
"Wow I never knew scrolling down would be one of the largest mistakes in my life."
-Stolken, reading the comments on Sonic's Yoshi's Island Zone DLC.
#12AdmiralQballPosted 5/13/2014 6:57:55 AM
Also, the only thing that makes the semi-final boss possible to beat, since he has unavoidable attacks that do massive damage.

This....is not accurate. I'm not sure which boss you are reffering to, but I don't recall any unavoidable attacks.
---
Pearl FC 3909 4588 9972
White FC 0905 6248 6243
#13R_HunterPosted 5/13/2014 9:14:21 AM
True, custom movesets might add other Master moves.

Hadn't even considered that.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#14MaetchPosted 5/13/2014 2:18:40 PM
So... next game, who are you playing as first, and are you doing both MM and Bass or just one?
#15uberking422Posted 5/13/2014 2:21:03 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
That's hilarious.

Game Overed at Aqua Man, last boss
It is clear I am fatigued.

I guess I will have to try tomorrow.

You do know that Aqua Man is weak to Astro Crush, right?
#16NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 3:49:18 PM
EngineR2 posted...
*Just hope that Rush Charge can give you a bunch of life energy capsules, or a Yashichi from Rush Question/Item to refill your life and weapon energy completely. Don't use both of these for one Wily form, unless you are good enough to save them both for the Wily Capsule phase. If Rush just falls asleep on calling him, well...

*If you haven't used this already, Flame Sword will close the mouth of the Wily Machine every time it opens up to fire.

*For Wily Capsule, Sliding is your friend. Remember, the orbs will follow you wherever you go. Use this to your advantage, and lead them to an area you can quickly slide away from. Spare extra and Super Recover may have helped you here, but do you have enough bolts for the both of them?

I don't have anymore bolts. :\ I guess I could go back and find the ones I missed, but as it is, what I have are Arrow Shot, Quick Charge, Higher Blaster Speed, and Hyper Slide.

I guess I could go back and get any bolts I missed to get Extra Part, or whatever. That one gives more lives, right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/e7DecHf.jpg
#17NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 3:59:06 PM(edited)
Maetch posted...
So... next game, who are you playing as first, and are you doing both MM and Bass or just one?

Next game is Marvel VS Capcom. I might do an intermission after MM8 where I play Kid Icarus for a while, but we'll see how I feel. This is my planned "to-play" list after MvC:

Mega Man X
Battle Network 1
Mega Man Legends

Bonus Round:

Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (only if really liked 1)
Mega Man Legends 2 (only if I really liked 1)
Mega Man and Bass

For Mega Man and Bass, I want it to be my last game, because it was the very first Mega Man I ever played. I'll be starting as Mega Man, because he's harder, than do Bass next.
---
#18NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 3:51:47 PM
uberking422 posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
That's hilarious.

Game Overed at Aqua Man, last boss
It is clear I am fatigued.

I guess I will have to try tomorrow.

You do know that Aqua Man is weak to Astro Crush, right?

Wait, seriously? I'll just use that then. Is it not the second Wily's weakness?
---
#19Rayquaza487Posted 5/13/2014 3:52:05 PM
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
You'd think Sakurai would use moves from the Wii exclusive.

Welcome to Part 5 of the Mega Man moveset discovery topic. The purpose of this topic is to figure out what games Mega Man's moveset in Smash comes from by playing through his games and getting every power-up.

The purpose of this topic is also to help me appreciate Mega Man more, since Sakurai clearly isn't interested in putting any of the characters that I like in Smash. So far I've beaten Mega Man 1, 2 (on difficult), 3, 4, 5, and 6, and 7, and am on the last boss of 8.

**Before reading the rest of the topic**

LMAO
---
Christian and Proud. BELIEVE IT!!!
Ridley DECONFIRMED from Super Smash Bros 4/5!!!
#20NEW-WAYS-2-DIE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 4:09:09 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...
NEW-WAYS-2-DIE posted...
You'd think Sakurai would use moves from the Wii exclusive.

Welcome to Part 5 of the Mega Man moveset discovery topic. The purpose of this topic is to figure out what games Mega Man's moveset in Smash comes from by playing through his games and getting every power-up.

The purpose of this topic is also to help me appreciate Mega Man more, since Sakurai clearly isn't interested in putting any of the characters that I like in Smash. So far I've beaten Mega Man 1, 2 (on difficult), 3, 4, 5, and 6, and 7, and am on the last boss of 8.

**Before reading the rest of the topic**

LMAO

This is why I made that mistake:

"It was initially slated to be exclusive to WiiWare, with earlier reports of Microsoft's XBLA and Sony's PSN editions being denied by Capcom.[32][33] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_9#Release
---