This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reasons why Snake should not be in, DEBUNKED

#11Eat_CowPosted 5/18/2014 10:20:00 PM
Snake should be cut. He isn't Nintendo enough.

Like, he's just.. Guns and grenades and rocket launchers. I don't remember THAT part or Nintendo.

Link has a sword, but.. Snake is straight up military. He's in no way quirky, inventive, or fun. He's a cheap rip-off of Call of Duty with a different battle system.

What happened to the mushroom eating turtle stomping plumbers? Little plant men? Pocket monsters? Space bounty hunter women in super suits?

That's what Nintendo is about. Not some Snake crap.
---
Eat Cow!
#12energyman2289Posted 5/18/2014 10:21:11 PM
SpindashStudios posted...
Sakurai stated 3rd-party characters would be kept to a minimum. "Minimum" being a keyword here, I think it's a safe assumption that this will be the case. Remember that this is a Nintendo All-star roster first so there needs to be limitations. Also, it would be incredibly unfair for a 3rd-party to get another character slot over the others as well as other potentials (i.e. Namco, Square Enix)

In Brawl, Konami got one, and Sega got one. In Smash Bros 4 so far, Capcom got one, and Sega got one. In the words of Spider-man in Family Guy, "Everybody gets one."

"Uh, apparently everybody gets one."

"Bingo."
---
YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/energyman2289
MY CURRENT ROSTER http://energyman2289.deviantart.com/art/10-454924276
#13wah_wah_wah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:22:17 PM
Sakurai stated 3rd-party characters would be kept to a minimum. "Minimum" being a keyword here, I think it's a safe assumption that this will be the case. Remember that this is a Nintendo All-star roster first so there needs to be limitations. Also, it would be incredibly unfair for a 3rd-party to get another character slot over the others as well as other potentials (i.e. Namco, Square Enix)

In Brawl, Konami got one, and Sega got one. In Smash Bros 4 so far, Capcom got one, and Sega got one. In the words of Spider-man in Family Guy, "Everybody gets one."

Yeah but it's also pretty reasonable to assume they aren't going to cut a very well designed character to make room for another character. If Snake is cut it wouldn't be right to assume that is because they will replace him with someone else from the same company. With Konami it is pretty much Snake or nothing.
#14gxmasterPosted 5/18/2014 10:22:59 PM
Eat_Cow posted...
Snake should be cut. He isn't Nintendo enough.

Like, he's just.. Guns and grenades and rocket launchers. I don't remember THAT part or Nintendo.

Link has a sword, but.. Snake is straight up military. He's in no way quirky, inventive, or fun. He's a cheap rip-off of Call of Duty with a different battle system.

What happened to the mushroom eating turtle stomping plumbers? Little plant men? Pocket monsters? Space bounty hunter women in super suits?

That's what Nintendo is about. Not some Snake crap.

You're done
---
3DS FC: 3497-0513-0315 | Pokemon Y IGN: Mr. Q
Check out my trade list: http://tinyurl.com/q3oqj28
#15wah_wah_wah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:27:28 PM
Eat_Cow posted...

I know you're just having fun with trolling here but just a reminder - Samus literally has all three of those things.
#16Eat_CowPosted 5/18/2014 10:32:37 PM
wah_wah_wah posted...
Eat_Cow posted...

I know you're just having fun with trolling here but just a reminder - Samus literally has all three of those things.

I'm not trolling. I'm poking fun at a troll and I'm obnoxiously spreading the poking-fun-at to other topics.
---
Eat Cow!
#17wah_wah_wah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:34:42 PM
Eat_Cow posted...
wah_wah_wah posted...
Eat_Cow posted...

I'm not trolling. I'm poking fun at a troll and I'm obnoxiously spreading the poking-fun-at to other topics.

Alright joking then ;)
#18MisterDrBobPosted 5/18/2014 10:34:55 PM
Trollception?
---
This is Jeffery. He's a giraffe. Lately he's been trying to live among humans. It's harder than you think. Poor Jeffery. Jeffery no! Crime isn't the answer!
#19wah_wah_wah(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:56:35 PM
So I guess I mean for the last one, change it from what it is to "Snake not being in the game means another Konami character will be in the game!" It is pretty much false for the same reasons.
#20MooMindedPosted 5/18/2014 11:59:13 PM
FreecsZoldyck posted...
Totally agree with you about Snake. However, I am fairly confident 3rd-party companies like Konami will be limited to one character and will remain that way.