Highly technical Smash players shouldn't write off Smash 4 just yet

#1mutehero7Posted 6/12/2014 8:56:57 AM
I understand that Smash 4 doesn't have many of the movement techniques and mobility options that Melee had, but we must understand that that doesn't mean that Smash 4 doesn't have undiscovered techniques of its own. Many of Melee's commonly used techniques were not discovered for years and only developed as the metagame evolved. While Brawl lacked much depth in this area, it would not surprise me if Sakurai threw few surprises into this one that we may not know about for a very long time.
---
T or F: This statement is false.
#2Opethian5Posted 6/12/2014 10:57:51 AM
I agree but mobility is almost the most important thing when playing competitively and i don't really see what undiscovered techniques could be in the game that would make it more suitable for competitive play or more technical.
#3NeutronStar256Posted 6/12/2014 11:03:47 AM
This game can be technical. I never got too good with Melee but I got very good in Brawl. Brawl may be slower-paced than Melee but just like Melee can be enjoyed by casuals and competitives alike. This game will be the same as those: fun for everyone(idealistic statement. In reality you can never please everyone).
---
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
#4Chariot_of_GodPosted 6/12/2014 11:05:14 AM
Additionally, the game is still being developed.

No sense in jumping the gun.
---
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger
#5Fargoth272Posted 6/12/2014 11:05:14 AM
Opethian5 posted...
I agree but mobility is almost the most important thing when playing competitively and i don't really see what undiscovered techniques could be in the game that would make it more suitable for competitive play or more technical.

Yeah, hopefully they at least lower gravity a good amount and increase hitstun a bit.
---
8s7dfz32xc0v62x0
#6FuzzyJelloPosted 6/12/2014 11:06:17 AM
And a lot of them aren't, if you go to places like the Smash subreddit or other places where people with actual heads on their shoulders tend to gather.

It was once said, there, in fact: "Guys. We played Brawl competitively. It can only get better from here."

@NeutronStar Like you sig.
#7Someguy_13Posted 6/12/2014 11:07:15 AM
Fargoth272 posted...
Opethian5 posted...

Yeah, hopefully they at least lower gravity a good amount and increase hitstun a bit.

Raise the gravity.

Hopefully they raise the gravity. I'd rather the game not be floaty.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#8Chariot_of_GodPosted 6/12/2014 11:09:00 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
Fargoth272 posted...
Opethian5 posted...

Raise the gravity.

Hopefully they raise the gravity. I'd rather the game not be floaty.

I agree with this.
---
XBone/360: OsC Binary
PSN: OsCGunslinger
#9luigi99099Posted 6/12/2014 3:38:46 PM
Most people only played for 4 minutes in a 4 player match with items. Seems a little unfair to think you'd find all the depth in that amount of time under those conditions anyway. And I didn't think wavedashing was found the day that melee came out. Who knows what we'll find once the completed game comes out. The operative word in that sentence would be completed.
#10CaptainBangPosted 6/12/2014 5:55:06 PM
I'll give it time, it's fun enough that it deserves my attention for a few months.
But I'm dropping soon if it's shallow, or becomes tilt-fighter. That's all there is to it.
---
Recent research claims that people who haven't played A Link Between Worlds are more prone to worship Cthulhu.
Please, I beg of you, don't worship Cthulhu.