This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think there are not enough characters to accurately represent deserving games

#1cocozimmePosted 7/17/2014 3:57:30 PM
79/80

There should be around 80-90 characters in the upcoming smash game. Sakurai is just being selfish and lazy. Zelda, DK, and metroid are the most deserving franchises other than mario and d deserve at least 8 reps each and if not more. Ridley being a monumental character should have his regular form and meta ridley playable. All other niche franchises deserve at least 5 characters that are unique with no clones to accurately portray each franchise deservingly.

TL:DR - Sakurai needs to be fired and they need a director who will; actually listen to each and every person who plays the game
---
ToS, FFX, FFVIII, SO:TtEoT, FFXII
#2EvilcrachittPosted 7/17/2014 3:58:15 PM
cocozimme posted...
to each and every person

idk man, there are millions of people who play smash
#3SelfsavingmedicPosted 7/17/2014 3:58:40 PM
No

TL;DR - Hopefully a joke. Cause if not that is way to many characters. Balancing nightmare.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bqSOVO3.jpg - My ideal roster
#4_Sanaki_Posted 7/17/2014 3:59:26 PM
Listening to each and every person who plays the game is already done. Being able to make all of those requests happen is impossible. I don't want Pac-Man in the game. Other people want Pac-Man in the game. Satisfying this request for both sides is impossible.

If, at this point, you don't have characters you like playing as, or don't have characters you like in general, then I would argue that you simply aren't the target demographic. The major characters from major franchises for the most part are in.
---
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board. Official Rosalina + Luma of the Smash 4 boards.
#5sharazisspecialPosted 7/17/2014 3:59:49 PM
Selfsavingmedic posted...
No

TL;DR - Hopefully a joke. Cause if not that is way to many characters. Balancing nightmare.

Cus brawl was real balanced with much less characters?
#6Thundering_TNTPosted 7/17/2014 4:01:42 PM
cocozimme posted...
79/80
You know you'd have had 80/80 if you'd put a period on the end, right? Just sayin'
---
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. ~C.S. Lewis
#7_Sanaki_Posted 7/17/2014 4:02:29 PM
sharazisspecial posted...
No

So adding more characters would make the game better balanced?
---
Official Cosmos of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board. Official Rosalina + Luma of the Smash 4 boards.
#8TerradriusPosted 7/17/2014 4:03:45 PM
cocozimme posted...
TL:DR - Sakurai needs to be fired and they need a director who will; actually listen to each and every person who plays the game

Goku for Smash!
---
Pokemon X Friend Code: 3265-5262-3517 - Adam
#9SelfsavingmedicPosted 7/17/2014 4:04:15 PM
sharazisspecial posted...
No

You literally proved my point for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bqSOVO3.jpg - My ideal roster
#10Blues255Posted 7/17/2014 4:06:42 PM
I like how you are making judgments on Sakurai on a roster that isn't fully revealed yet. I really do. It really shows how much you want Ridley to be playable by adamantly assuming that Ridley isn't playable.
---
Pretty much the only Goomba supporter for SSB4.