Are you still against characters being alts of other characters?

#21SelfsavingmedicPosted 7/19/2014 11:29:08 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
---
http://i.imgur.com/DJc4SRl.jpg - My ideal fixed roster
#22TorturousKittyPosted 7/19/2014 11:34:02 AM
ThisAnvil posted...
TorturousKitty posted...
Alternate character models are cool, I don't see a problem with it personally. In some cases it makes a ton of sense, like if Link and Zelda got alts of their other selves from different games. Some cases it wouldn't make a lot of sense, but I think where appropriate it should be implemented for fun.
They could add Dark Pit, Miss Pacman, maybe Princess Daisy and a few others this way. For the people who don't like it, they don't have to use those models.

Yeah and then Pit, Pac Man and Peach lose genuine alts.

DP, Ms Pacman and (well not so much) Daisy are completely different characters.

I guess what I mean is if they can't fit in the roster, it would still be nice to have at least their models in the game. For me, I don't mind if they share a moveset with another character because at least their model is in so you can play as them in some way. It also seems that with alternate models they will be voiced differently as well (considering Lucina was going to be, and the hint that Dark Pit could be a voiced alt in Palutena's trailer)
---
3DS CODE: 4983-5016-4134
#23taoxadasaPosted 7/19/2014 11:35:28 AM
Yes, and how does Sakurai approve? He made Lucina her own character, probably after realizing how stupid it would be for her to be a costume.
---
The Jumping Flash! series needs a new game.
#24BountyanPosted 7/19/2014 11:40:55 AM(edited)
taoxadasa posted...
Yes, and how does Sakurai approve? He made Lucina her own character, probably after realizing how stupid it would be for her to be a costume.

"In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup."

the only reason Lucina isn't an alt costume is because her fighting mechanics slightly different. But he's definitely not opposed to alt costumes being different characters.
---
3DS FC: 1891 1187 4587, Name: Kojo
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo