50 characters is more likely than you think...

#11EvilcrachittPosted 7/20/2014 10:51:50 AM
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...
ITT we assume that two characters are cut with absolutely no evidence to suggest that they are.

Are you talking about Squirtle and Ivysaur? I think anyone with half a brain accepts that they are cut.

Also, it will be 50. Look at how small the selection cursor is on the 3DS demo screen. You can easily resize the CSS to fit 50 on there and the cursor will still not cover the whole picture (and you only have to worry about the 1P cursor on 3DS).

Not really. The demos showed COM cursors
#12MegaMewPosted 7/20/2014 10:51:58 AM
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...
ITT we assume that two characters are cut with absolutely no evidence to suggest that they are.

Are you talking about Squirtle and Ivysaur? I think anyone with half a brain accepts that they are cut.

Also, it will be 50. Look at how small the selection cursor is on the 3DS demo screen. You can easily resize the CSS to fit 50 on there and the cursor will still not cover the whole picture (and you only have to worry about the 1P cursor on 3DS).

Are you talking about Lucario and Ike? Anyone with half a brain accepts that they are cut.

See? I can make baseless assumptions too. And if you remember, people were saying this n months ago.
#13BluntGruntPosted 7/20/2014 10:53:12 AM
More likely than I think? But I think 55 is very likely. Hmm... Guess it's a 100% guarantee. Yes! Thanks, TC! Now I'm really excited!
---
Tonight we hunt!
#14ThisAnvilPosted 7/20/2014 10:54:01 AM
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...

Yes I'm talking about them. Anyone with half a brain would be able to explain why, using facts they've been cut if they think they have. And since there is no indication that they've been cut, then you're only baselessly assuming.

The 3DS roster has been proven to be able to hold 54 without scrolling, and it'll probably scroll anyway so that point was moot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mGTp8b3.png
But Aquaman. You cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds.
#15kaliskonigPosted 7/20/2014 11:04:28 AM
The_Bounty posted...
I doubt we'll have more than the low 40s, but of course I'd be happy to have more.

No way in hell that's happening. You are lucky that you have convinced yourself that the low 40's is likely. At least you are going to be pleasantly surprised when the roster is in the high 40's to low 50's.
---
UPDATED 7/19/14 Smash 4 DREAM Roster: http://imgur.com/X7PeQga
Told You Robin Would Make It!!!
#16Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/20/2014 11:06:11 AM
Isaac, Shulk, Ridley?
---
If stupidity was music, you'd be an orchestra.
#17Ravio_YoPosted 7/20/2014 11:14:26 AM
I'd rate it as a 99% chance, so I doubt it's higher than I think.

0/10
---
ShacklefordR posted
Ness doesn't need a cliche anime sob story to be a BAMF, he'll stomp those hippies just 'cause they're in his way
#18Dark_Link92Posted 7/20/2014 11:31:06 AM
MegaMew posted...
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...

Are you talking about Lucario and Ike? Anyone with half a brain accepts that they are cut.

See? I can make baseless assumptions too. And if you remember, people were saying this n months ago.

That's not the same thing. There was loose speculation based in nothing that Lucario may be cut in favour of Mewtwo, and no real evidence at all that Ike might be cut. The character Ivysaur and Squirtle were a part of is gone, and the most iconic of the 3 got his own place, leaving their status much more questionable than the others ever were.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.
#19MegaMewPosted 7/20/2014 12:55:57 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...
MegaMew posted...
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...

That's not the same thing. There was loose speculation based in nothing that Lucario may be cut in favour of Mewtwo, and no real evidence at all that Ike might be cut. The character Ivysaur and Squirtle were a part of is gone, and the most iconic of the 3 got his own place, leaving their status much more questionable than the others ever were.

Name one reason outside of relevance that would make them worthy of being cut. Because relevance is meaningless, especially with veterans.
#20Dark_Link92Posted 7/20/2014 2:44:43 PM
MegaMew posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
MegaMew posted...
MrKart posted...
ThisAnvil posted...

Name one reason outside of relevance that would make them worthy of being cut. Because relevance is meaningless, especially with veterans.

They're less popular, shown by Charizard getting his own shared trailer and being by far the most iconic of the three with no mention at all made of the other two. They're likely to be lower priority, because if they weren't, they probably would have just kept PT as he was. Assuming Jigglypuff returns, there would be an over-abundance of Pokemon reps, too. I admit they're not the strongest arguments, but they're the veterans most at risk of being cut regardless.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.