Does it bother you when characters from past games get left off?

#1UltraMarcusPosted 7/20/2014 6:00:21 PM
It really bothers me for some reason. I mean, I guess it's only happened once during the change from Melee to Brawl, but not having those 4 established characters really bugged me. (Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu)

Kid Link wasn't so bad, because it was just a change from Kid Link to Toon Link, but it really did bug me that the other 4 were gone.

Now, looking at the announced roster, I see we're missing guys from the first game, like Ness, and Jigglypuff. And fan favourite guys like Wolf, Falco, Wario, and Meta Knight.

I guess I'm cool with characters from other franchises not being around, like Snake, but come on, not having those fan favourites...I can't be the only person it bothers.
---
3DS FC 4511 0873 8156
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#2IovisFulguratorPosted 7/20/2014 6:05:22 PM
The only cut that really bothered me from Melee to Brawl was Mewtwo. Dr. Mario could just be an alt and Fire Emblem characters can easily be replaced with others from the most recent game. Pichu should never have been in Melee in the first place.

I really don't think characters like Ness, Jigglypuff, Wolf, Falco, etc. will be cut - especially after Toon Link and Lucario were revealed.
#3wingblade98Posted 7/20/2014 6:08:48 PM
IovisFulgurator posted...
The only cut that really bothered me from Melee to Brawl was Mewtwo. Dr. Mario could just be an alt and Fire Emblem characters can easily be replaced with others from the most recent game. Pichu should never have been in Melee in the first place.

I really don't think characters like Ness, Jigglypuff, Wolf, Falco, etc. will be cut - especially after Toon Link and Lucario were revealed.

wait what did you just say about lucario
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mbrb9vpk1rrrqcao1_500.gif
#4MegaMewPosted 7/20/2014 6:12:31 PM
It bothers me, yeah. Smash Bros is a fighting game and whenever a character is cut a big chunk of players is left disappointed. I may personally hate the spacies, Snake, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, etc but I would never wish for them to be cut because I have friends who really love playing as them or just know of people who like playing as them. From Melee to Brawl I lost 2 of my favorite characters in the form of Doctor Mario and Pichu. It felt bad to go on the internet and only be greeted with people praising Sakurai for ridding the game of "clone trash".
#5UltraMarcus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 6:13:00 PM
wingblade98 posted...

He said that Lucario was revealed...
---
3DS FC 4511 0873 8156
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#6Killua553Posted 7/20/2014 6:13:31 PM
Roy's our boy
Roy's our boy

Mew,two, we love you
Mew, two we love you... ; _ ;
#7DannyM4nn1223Posted 7/20/2014 6:14:58 PM
It doesn't bug me to much. As long as the original 12 are all back I'm happy. I'd prefer all characters to come back, but if someone that is a one time type thing(snake) or a clone(wolf or lucas) gets cut I'm not gonna get mad.
---
Nin ID:SamsumgPony
PSN: Coco_Puffss48
#8wingblade98Posted 7/20/2014 6:16:17 PM
UltraMarcus posted...
wingblade98 posted...

He said that Lucario was revealed...

no i mean like he compared lucario to toon link
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mbrb9vpk1rrrqcao1_500.gif