This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I will now exterminate all illogical arguments against Krystal using facts.

#1gladwyn101Posted 8/6/2014 4:48:25 AM
Argument 1: She's just furrybait. Just look at how she's dressed in Adventures and how much "stuff" there is on the Internet!

Yeah, it's the Internet. Literally every character in existence has "stuff" featuring them. If you're going to use the furrybait argument against Krystal, then you have to support cutting Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Bowser, and even more. Her outfit in Adventures is revealing, but it's not explicit or sexual in any way unless your mind is in the gutter.

Argument 2: She ruined the Starfox franchise! All of the games that she was in were terrible!

Let's take a look at the critic reviews shall we?
Starfox Adventures: GameRankings 80.23%, Metacritic 82/100, Famitsu 32/40 (80%), Game Informer 8.75/10, GameSpot 8.3/10, IGN 9/10.

Starfox Assault: The only critic complaints were about controls for the ground missions or the simplistic design. Despite this it received ratings from 7-8 /10, and like Adventures, was enough of a success to be placed in the Player's Choice line.

Starfox Command: Even Starfox Command boasts good reviews, most critics giving it an 8/10.

Basically your argument comes down to "I don't like the new Starfox games." Even if the games were terrible, your argument is flawed because bad games are made by poor development, not the intrinsic fault of an individual character whom you hate because of "the Internet."

Argument 3: She has little to no personality!

*Looks at the roster* Neither do the following characters: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Samus (if we exclude Other M), Ice Climbers, ROB, Olimar, Mr. Game & Watch, and so many more. Nintendo characters aren't exactly known for their strong personalities.

A former member of team Star Fox. She's strong and kind, but can be overly stubborn as well. -Starfox Command Instruction manual

Argument 4: I don't like her!

The world doesn't revolve around your opinions. Lots of people (not just furries) do like her, so your dislike is not a valid reason to exclude a character. I dislike Megaman, yet I believe he deserves his spot.

Argument 5: Starfox doesn't need 4 reps! We don't need more space furries!

Did Fire Emblem need 4 reps? Remember that character inclusion doesn't mean another character exclusion. Starfox will eventually get a 4th character in Smash, provided Smash games will continue to be made, especially seeing as every Smash game so far has introduced another Starfox rep. Also, the characters of Starfox aren't furries, they're anthropomorphic animals. Furries are humans who like anthropomorphic animals.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
3DS Friend Code: 3711-8030-8551; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (RP): Female Fennekin (Ambrosia)
#2SuperGhastsPosted 8/6/2014 4:52:26 AM
Her voice actress dropped out of college and is a bad role model for the children playing this game who aspire to go to college.
---
Pichu and such.
Nanocarp and such.
#3NotSnowskePosted 8/6/2014 4:53:25 AM
Link has a great personality. He come to town
---
YA GOTTA JUNCTION! YA KNOW!?
#4gladwyn101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:01:16 AM
SuperGhasts posted...
Her voice actress dropped out of college and is a bad role model for the children playing this game who aspire to go to college.

That's the voice actress, not the character herself.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
3DS Friend Code: 3711-8030-8551; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (RP): Female Fennekin (Ambrosia)
#5ScoutShellbyPosted 8/6/2014 5:05:53 AM
NotSnowske posted...

are you gonna put that in your sig?
---
Prince of Sable and Cubivore and MANAPHY 4 Smash. nothing personell, kid
I should have been the one to fill your dark souls with LIIIIGHT!!!! and Abe Lincoln
#6kingjam1Posted 8/6/2014 5:07:27 AM
Argument 1: Krystal is designed specifically to be furry bait. She invokes it on purpose.

Argument 3: Krystal is disliked for being a satellite love interest that would be better of not existing. Fairly repulsive to look at too.

Argument 4: The reverse also applies.

Argument 5: Most of her fans want Falco and/or Wolf to be cut not for them all to be kept.
---
Can't think of anything
#7NotSnowskePosted 8/6/2014 5:10:06 AM
I thought MODOK looked hilarious and was excited to try him and I think Krystal is a terrible idea. This either means she's that bad or we need MODOK.
---
YA GOTTA JUNCTION! YA KNOW!?
#8Dragonball9899Posted 8/6/2014 5:10:49 AM
Star Fox has enough reps already. As much as I hate to say it, the only reason Fire Emblem got four reps was because of minor differences between Lucina and Marth (or something like that) according to Sakurai.
---
Not changing this signature until Phoenix Wright is in Super Smash Bros. Started: 7/29/14
#9Blade_KirbyPosted 8/6/2014 5:10:55 AM
NotSnowske posted...

He come to SAVE

THE PRINCESS ZELDA
---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill
#10ToastyPuddingPosted 8/6/2014 5:11:29 AM
Krystal is a terrible excuse for a character and I don't see why we should represent a terrible character in smash. What purpose would putting her in serve? Why would putting her in smash be good thing and why is she better than other choices? I don't think there is an answer to these questions which justifies her inclusion. Krystal is not a stand out character, she left little to no impression and has already became old news. There's even rumours the story writers don't like her and one of her main selling points for people is she's female, which isn't a good reason.

Why don't you give us a good reason to like Krystal?
---
I forgot my clever signature, so I'm back to this.