This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gates of Bowser's Castle 4 - Death and Victory Await!

#91megaman_97Posted 8/18/2014 10:37:21 AM
MrFuzz111 posted...
Keirndmo posted...
Hulk_Remixed45 posted...
So is the consensus to go and visit the real versions of them and see if we can get them to accept themselves for who they really are? From my experiences with Persona the shadows usually lie and then try to kill their orginal self. So i assume when we try to get the original to accept themselves their going to try and kill them. The ideals of the shadow Ike is not something the regular Ike would want!!!

Are you completely ignoring me?
Shadows are the part of you that you don't want to accept exists.
They want you to deny them so they can be their own person and then they kill the original person.
These shadows are saying they want to be accepted.
Don't you think that's a little suspicious?

Hmm... We could take Ike and Sora while leaving the Personas here. Anyone agree with this?

I Just think its better to power up sora and ike and accept thier true selves but then again these shadow versions could very well be doppelgangers.
---
I can't think of a signature at all.
#92CMPunkCMPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 1:45:27 PM
The King tells you where the living quarters are, and gladly allows you to visit them privately. He would like nothing more than for you to convince Ike to merge with him. Shadow Ike tells a servant to bring him the woman he was speaking with before, and you leave before she returns.

The Castle is accommodating and nice. Steve finds nice things, including silver candelabras which he breaks for the silver, and iron from a few decorative suits of armor. His tools pop them towards him nice and fast, so he doesn't slow your team down. Soon, you find yourself at the quarters of "normal" Ike and the old King. You knock on both, even though Ike's door is guarded. Ike does not answer, but the cute local hero invites you in to speak with himself and Sora.

The beautiful ex King is so happy to see you, he could cry. They came again; the heroes from the other world. But after speaking with your team, he understood just how awful they really were. Fortunately, there was no battle, but in their wake, two new "Shadows" appeared: one for Ike and one for Sora. The latter was mostly okay, and quite easy to get along with, but Ike had ambitions. Massive ones. Ambitions that demanded a kingdom to rule from. Ambitions that made him depose the land of Albion's rightful born lord. And there was nothing he could do. Shadow Ike was far too strong, and Ike just kept denying him. So here he is, a gorgeous prisoner in the castle he was born to rule.

Blackbird tells of similar things, but especially of his own Shadow. He claims to not want to become one with him, as he is a "yes man". He is sick to death of doing what everyone says. First back on Destiny Islands, as second banana to Riku. Then on his adventures, doing the bidding of King Mickey and his men, plus Yen Sid and the local adventuters at each world. Once that wrapped up, he was Batman Beyond's "Partner", but ended up taking orders anyway. Now the elevator team are his leash holders. Blackbird knows it works out, but he wants to be his own man, with plans and goals of his own. He would even rather work alongside his Shadow than become one with it.

I don't have a PS3 yet, and Xbox didn't get the Arena sequel. However, I will say, when it suits me, I alter and even ignore canon. It is rarely safe to assume that someone is this or that version of something, because more often than not it is actually the Gates version. Use your knowledge as a reference, though, yes.
---
GameFAQs Women's Wrestling Fan Crew Founder!
Support the talented women that have struggled against stereotypes and kicked ass!
#93CMPunkCMPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 1:51:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#94MrFuzz111Posted 8/18/2014 1:52:38 PM
So now we have two Soras, and neither of them are evil! We hit the jackpot with Sora's shadow! Now we just have to figure out what to do with Ike's shadow...
---
I am a Nintendo fanboy. You got a problem with that?
#95KeirndmoPosted 8/18/2014 1:56:36 PM(edited)
So Sora is tired of taking orders from people and Ike secretly wanted to rule a nation?
But I'm still suspicious that these shadows want to be accepted which makes me think these aren't normal shadows.
Actually Ike said the true Ike will gain the powers.
Shadows are the true self.
This is getting more fishy by the second.

MrFuzz111 posted...
So now we have two Soras, and neither of them are evil! We hit the jackpot with Sora's shadow! Now we just have to figure out what to do with Ike's shadow...

Two Sora's?
Sora with a Persona would be broken as well as Ike but I'm still very suspicious about these so called "Shadows."
---
You, sir, You win the poll. - Blitzus
Me and Radori saved Lucina in Save a Smasher.
#96MrFuzz111Posted 8/18/2014 2:05:50 PM
Keirndmo posted...
So Sora is tired of taking orders from people and Ike secretly wanted to rule a nation?
But I'm still suspicious that these shadows want to be accepted which makes me think these aren't normal shadows.
Actually Ike said the true Ike will gain the powers.
Shadows are the true self.
This is getting more fishy by the second.

MrFuzz111 posted...

Two Sora's?
Sora with a Persona would be broken as well as Ike but I'm still very suspicious about these so called "Shadows."

I'm suspicious about shadow Ike, but the way Sora was talking about his makes me think his didn't take any evil traits (although given how goody-goody Sora is, I don't think there WERE any evil traits...)
---
#97CMPunkCMPunk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:06:27 PM
Ike said "True" in an air parentheses sense, for your benefit.
---
GameFAQs Women's Wrestling Fan Crew Founder!
Support the talented women that have struggled against stereotypes and kicked ass!
#98megaman_97Posted 8/18/2014 2:22:23 PM
It gets more suspicious as it goes on. Those people could be thier true self but normally in the games the true self of a person wasn't so evil. We came here to free the kingdom and now we have people as strong or even stronger then sora and ike. that's like wonder woman all over again except times 2
---
I can't think of a signature at all.
#99Pikachutwo2Posted 8/18/2014 4:00:59 PM
I say we don't merge them, because the originals don't want to merge.
#100MrFuzz111Posted 8/18/2014 4:07:40 PM
Pikachutwo2 posted...
I say we don't merge them, because the originals don't want to merge.

Agreed. Also, leave Ike's shadow here, ask Sora if he would be okay with his coming with us.
---