This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would it take for you to buy the "TURBO" version of Smash 4?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. What would it take for you to buy the "TURBO" version of Smash 4?
1 year ago#1
Let's say 2 or 3 years after Smash 4 comes out, an updated version in the vein of Street Fighter 2: Turbo or Hyper Street Fighter 4 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 comes out.

Obviously, many people would be angry, boycott it, feel like they got ripped off, feel like all the added content should have been in the game to begin with or have been added via DLC, ect.

But what would it take for YOU personally to buy the game?

Would it be an abundance of new content? (Such as a large amount of new stages, characters, modes, music, trophies, updated balance, ect) would it be a certain character in particular that would make you purchase the updated game?

and btw, the game would be at a reduced price as well... like, 10 or 20 bucks less, give or take.
1 year ago#2
If it has an abundance of new content, why not just call it the next Smash?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfpN0MG1p8
"Pengu's having a field day."
1 year ago#3
GeneralPengu posted...
If it has an abundance of new content, why not just call it the next Smash?

Because it would still be recycling all the old content and in essence be the same game, just updated.

There's a reason why Street Fighter 2: Turbo isn't Street Fighter 3, or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 isn't Marvel vs Capcom 4, or why Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars isn't Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2.

In the end, it's the same game with the same modes and characters and stages and graphics, but new content has been added. Even if it is in abundance, it doesn't stop it from being the same game, just with more.
1 year ago#4
Then if it's cheap enough, I'd get it
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfpN0MG1p8
"Pengu's having a field day."
1 year ago#5
GeneralPengu posted...
Then if it's cheap enough, I'd get it

But what kind of content in particular would you be looking for to justify purchase?

Like, what particular character, stage, feature, or the like would it take to make you go "Okay, I'm definitely buying this"?
1 year ago#6
Technically Street Fighter II Turbo was just Champion Edition with a higher speed setting and a few tweeks to character abilities (it was the first game to give Chun-Li a fireball). It was created as a counter to pirated versions of the game that had been modified in a similar fashion.
1 year ago#7
How ever many characters, items, stages, trophies, and tracks Smash 4 has, this hypothetical "Turbo" version should multiply each of those numbers by at least 1.8 (rounding up if necessary) before I'd consider a purchase.
---
Life's incessant ceremonies leap everlasting, humans spring eternal on hope's breast, and frying pans without fires are often far between.
1 year ago#8
I hope smash never goes the turbo ex alpha extreme route
---
Just another day in SmashFAQs paradise.
1 year ago#9
I don't see why they wouldn't also release the stuff as DLC. If it truly is just the same engine with new content, there'd be literally no reason to force people to go out and buy a new copy just to experience it. Nintendo has already embraced DLC this generation... so it just doesn't make sense.
1 year ago#10
uberking422 posted...
Technically Street Fighter II Turbo was just Champion Edition with a higher speed setting and a few tweeks to character abilities (it was the first game to give Chun-Li a fireball). It was created as a counter to pirated versions of the game that had been modified in a similar fashion.

Which version of Street Fighter II was it that added Cammy, T. Hawk, D. Jay, and Fei Long as playable characters to the roster? (As well as had the bosses Sagat, M. Bison, Vega, and Balrog playable?) There are so many versions of that game, so I'm not certain.

Because that was more the version I'm referring to (plus "TURBO" is what comes to mind when people think of updated re-releases...)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. What would it take for you to buy the "TURBO" version of Smash 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived