This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of the newcomer designs, so far?

#1Meinhard1Posted 8/18/2014 6:22:27 PM
Obviously people have strong opinions on who should / shouldn't be in the game, but what about the execution of the newcomers already announced?

Brilliant? Unique? Gimmicky? What are your thoughts?

Personally, so far all the characters have move sets I want to try out, but at the same time many of them seem to be approaching Olimar / Ice Climbers territory, where they seem difficult to master.
#2ss4parrothairPosted 8/18/2014 6:26:13 PM
I hate Miis. I hate Miis. I hate Miis.
---
Now not gonna change this till my favorite FPS is guessed
#3Mr_YoojPosted 8/18/2014 6:26:50 PM
I like them
---
I disagree with this sig.
People who agree: 3.14
#4xKrAzYWaYsPosted 8/18/2014 6:27:22 PM
Unique.
#5M4nnimalPosted 8/18/2014 6:28:04 PM
ss4parrothair posted...
I hate Miis. I hate Miis. I hate Miis.

---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#6EasterEggHunterPosted 8/18/2014 6:28:21 PM
I gotta say..
---
Do not engage this account at night.
#7JohnnyShred612Posted 8/18/2014 6:28:31 PM
I like the direction of the people who have been announced, but I'm not that impressed by the newcomer selection so far. Not to hammer home the obvious, overdone points (yet I will anyway), but guys like K. Rool and Ridley better be waiting in the wings, simply because it's Nintendo All-Stars. Some of these newcomers definitely don't fit the image that comes to mind.

Little Mac and Rosalina are the only ones that really strike me that way. Megaman and Pac Man certainly work too, but if Palutena, Robin, and Lucina make the cut while Metroid/Star Fox/etc. gets left in the cold, I'm gonna be disappointed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JJcIMRT.gif
http://i.imgur.com/47sI9Bm.gif
#8AkanubonOrihPosted 8/18/2014 6:29:30 PM
They all stand out pretty well from the old cast while still feeling like they fit in the series. I definitely want to try them all out, but I can already tell I won't be a fan of Wii Fit Trainer simply because of how floaty he/she seems. Looks like he/she's still stuck in Brawl mode.
#9Eeveefan11Posted 8/18/2014 6:29:37 PM
They all look okay to me...
---
http://imgur.com/Sc5Wr4q Lucas for Smash!
Mega Evolution list:Roserade,Magnezone,Jynx,Lilligant,Wiggytuff,Azumarill,Raichu.
#10TriforceBunPosted 8/18/2014 6:33:59 PM
In general, I'm very pleased with the newcomers. The only one I don't like much is Greninja; while I like him as a Pokemon, I was hoping our Pokemon newcomer would be something a little more creative than another bipedal brawler. I actually really miss Pokemon Trainer...

Otherwise, it's a very solid lineup. Mega Man, Villager and Mac are A+ choices in particular, both because of their relevance and because their movesets are so creative and unique within SSB. Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, Palutena and Pac-Man help round out the roster with each having something very quirky and special about their moveset that you can't find elsewhere, and Miis have potential for some good replay. I like Lucina more as a character than as a viable newcomer; it would've been nice to see her have a more differentiated moveset somehow.
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006