This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Brawl had a better roster.

#21SimcambiPosted 8/20/2014 7:09:49 PM
Nah, people are just kidding themselves saying Brawl's roster was better.

All the newcomers here (bar 1) are unique fighters that bring new styles to the table. Which is more than can be said for many of Brawl's newcomers.
---
Probably one of the few people who is already happy with the Smash Bros. roster.
(That being said, I want Ridley in this game so we never talk about him again)
#22CubeTVPosted 8/20/2014 7:09:58 PM
Brawl's Roster was okay. Hated it personally since the characters were OP as heck (Meta Knight, Olimar, Diddy Kong, Wario, King Dedede, R.O.B, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Snake, Toon Link, Wolf) and looked ugly (the whole game does). The only newcomers that I really liked were Wario (who was OP, sadly), Lucario and Sonic. Really didn't like how they removed Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo, but then again, they'd probably just suck since Brawl in general is bad, plus considering how essentially every veteran got nerfed, they'd be more nerfed too.

However, with Smash 4 trying to be more like 64/Melee (more colors, fun gameplay and in general a good game), I'm warming up to them. Olimar, King Dedede, Toon Link, Charizard, Lucario, Sonic (REALLY glad he's back), Diddy Kong are looking fun to play. But now you have Mega Man AND Pac-Man to play as. Also have Little Mac, Robin,Greeninja, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer who look interesting to use. I've also warmed up to the Melee characters being cut and so that will be a nice bonus going between SSB4/Melee.

Maybe if Brawl was better programed/designed, I would like them more, but right now, Smash 4 newcomers are looking a lot better than the Brawl ones.
---
Even though I like the Wii U, I do not consider it a Nintendo system.
#23ZeroGravity38Posted 8/20/2014 7:10:28 PM
No it didn't.
---
This person is a troll
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#24AkanubonOrihPosted 8/20/2014 7:14:17 PM
Meh. Everyone likes to complain about rosters before hand.

Get over it and play the game. I'm sure it will be plenty of fun and you won't even care about who didn't make it in a year or so.
#25Sir_RaZZoPosted 8/20/2014 7:19:10 PM
zumaddy posted...
Sir_RaZZo posted...
Solar_Crimson posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, PT, and Snake are all better than flavor of the month oddball delight Smash 4 has going on.

How is Lucas not "flavor of the month"?

Who were you expecting them to add? Brawl already took care of most of the remaining big name characters; contemporary characters are likely the way to go for the series from now on.

Which is why it's ridiculous that anyone from Brawl got cut in the first place, especially with the roster size. I'm still holding hope that Lucas, Wolf, and IC's are unlockable, but if we really end up with 54 characters, as some sources are saying, then it's pretty messed up that they still had to cut characters anyway.

Sakurai stated that the roster wouldn't be too much larger than Brawl, ergo cuts would HAVE to be necessary

basic math yo

Except this game has quite a bigger roster than Brawl. Going from 42 to a possible 54. And yet we still ended up losing six characters? That's excessive to me.
---
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force
#26Lovely_DisasterPosted 8/20/2014 7:20:12 PM
No, it really didn't.
---
"Ign is INFAMOUS for giving nintendo games a low score." - SMASHKING84
#27Genericgamer667Posted 8/20/2014 7:20:52 PM
oh so NOW Brawl has a good roster? Where were you in 2008?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#28uberking422Posted 8/20/2014 7:24:09 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, PT, and Snake are all better than flavor of the month oddball delight Smash 4 has going on.

How is Lucas not "flavor of the month"?

Who were you expecting them to add? Brawl already took care of most of the remaining big name characters; contemporary characters are likely the way to go for the series from now on.

And Ice Climbers were technically a flavor from a month that happened a long time ago...