Let's remember this for the next time a Smash game's roster is leaked

#11RadarPosted 8/25/2014 6:40:59 PM
Hejiru posted...
Vyers posted...
2. If you can't find the renders online, it's very possible that they weren't faked

No no no. Bad advice. Do you know how many fake fanmade renders we saw before this leak? Remember Klonoa? And like 3 different CSS screens with new renders? Not to mention fans upload renders to deviantArt every day.

That's what they meant. If, when looking online, no one has uploaded those renders, then it might be real.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#12Master_RadoriPosted 8/25/2014 6:42:00 PM
Evilcrachitt posted...
Master_Radori posted...
Vyers posted...
1. Placement in the CSS doesn't entail that the leak is fake

2. If you can't find the renders online, it's very possible that they weren't faked

3. "Weird characters" is never a reason for a leak to be fake

4. Never use transposition of two character renders to prove that the leak is fake

5. A newcomer can be shown before reveal without being shown to be a newcomer immediately

This one cost me greatly.

Didn't you bet your account on Dark Pit?

Yup. I'll be closing after the official roster is out during the JP release.

Alt: Radoree
---
Call me Radori #1 player in Naruto CoNR3! Skype Radori_Nighthawk XBL/NN/PSN: Radoric 3DS: 3222-5564-7850 #Plastic #TheBombSquad #NintendoIsBeastSenpai
#13Master_RadoriPosted 8/25/2014 6:49:25 PM
Smurf86 posted...
Request sticky

---
Call me Radori #1 player in Naruto CoNR3! Skype Radori_Nighthawk XBL/NN/PSN: Radoric 3DS: 3222-5564-7850 #Plastic #TheBombSquad #NintendoIsBeastSenpai
#14SkilletTheWhatPosted 8/25/2014 6:58:45 PM
Given that ROB clearly didn't make people any more accepting of oddities like Duck Hunt Dog, I think it's unlikely people will be any more reasonable next time. Years before the Smash 4 announcement trailer I made this thread:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/59408072

I tried to address everything in that thread, which is humorously more relevant than ever now that we have characters like Villager, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt and more.

I'll be the first to line up and say I thought the ROB leak was ridiculous. I thought there was no way Sakurai would reveal pretty much all the best newcomers pre-release and save almost nothing but obvious vets as the surprises... but he did. I also thought some of the choices were unusual but since then I have been open minded about even the most ridiculous theories. Anything can happen with rosters--especially with someone like Sakurai.

Also on the topics of leaks specifically people should've learned from X and Y. Tons of leaked pics were released and people nitpicked them the same way. "Hawlucha's fake and dumb, his amount of feathers don't even match in all the different pics." It was such a similar situation. Oh well. I'm sure history will repeat itself. It's GameFaqs.
---
Official Arthur of the MvC3 Boards